Honored Contributor

A286986 French Terry Top with Print and Godets

[ Edited ]

@Biffu

Just tried on our new lemongrass top, with apologies for whatever hand I had in your ordering yours.  Smiley Sad    I'm sending mine back.  I don't dislike it, it just didn't meet my expectations and I have other tops I like much, much better, including lemongrass ones and almost all my Lounge ones, some of which are fabulous (the ones with crochet overlay). So I don't need this one hanging around here not getting worn while I keep reaching for ones I like better.  I'm totally not understanding the rave reviews on this one!

You were correct on the other thread:   that is indeed macrame! mixed in with the lemongrass color on the front part and it is indeed lighter and cut closer to the body (esp. the arms) than other Lounge pieces.  However, the medium was still the correct size for me. It wasn't tight anywhere and the large would be too large.  It's just a little "skimpier" cut but not too small.   The material is very light - the lightest Fr. terry I've ever felt and I didn't realize there are quite large godets of some other material, feels like rayon but I'm not sure what it is.  Whatever it is, that material is very light.   I'm not loving this very light Fr. terry, although in its favor, it's good to wear underneath other cardis and such (in which case we don't really need those godets.

I don't even agree with the reviewer who thinks it goes so great with the lemongrass printed pants that she and I both own.  I have lemongrass tops that go better with those pants.

So I have no need nor use for this top and it's going back within the next day or two.  Maybe you'll like yours better?  If you keep yours, you could certainly wear it underneath your macrame cardis as well as your lemongrass ones.  I think the colors in the front are quite odd.   Now that I'm seeing them in person (which are quite different than how they looked on TV) I'd prefer a solid lemongrass Fr. terry top in the color of the back of this top, with no godets in weird material.

ETA: This top will make my QVC boycott easier to adhere to.  I'm about at 95% successful now. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: A286986 French Terry Top with Print and Godets

@Pearlee  Thank you for the detailed review. I considered that top, glad I passed. Love, love your statement.  "So I don't need this one hanging around here not getting worn while I keep reaching for ones I like better."

How true! I just cleaned out my closet this weekend and

got rid of all those things...someday I might wear....

No, I just reach for my favorites, so when I read your statement..it hit home!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I want to thank you for your review.  I have a vest that I ordered and keep thinking how great it goes with a tunic, but when I try it on it doesn't look great.  In theory it works, just not on my body. Given the cost and the likelihood of not being worn I need to return.  I really don't like to return purchases and your post helped me bite the bullet and get to the post office.  Goal: to purchase and keep only well-loved pieces.

Pearley wrote:

So I don't need this one hanging around here not getting worn while I keep reaching for ones I like better.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd  Thank you for posting.   I'm glad I could help you, even though it'll cost us both some return postage.  You, @Biftu and I are cracking down on "only if we love it".  

Honored Contributor

There is an ODO price on this top for today's show:  ONE DAY ONLY PRICE:$39.92

@Biftu, you may not be reading this due to vacay, but if you are, even if you haven't yet tried yours on, call and get a price adjustment (about $10) in case you want to keep yours.  If you get the adjustment and then return it, they'll refund the adjusted price to you.   Mine is still going back; I don't like it enough even at the ODO price.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

There is an ODO price on this top for today's show:  ONE DAY ONLY PRICE:$39.92

@Biftu, you may not be reading this due to vacay, but if you are, even if you haven't yet tried yours on, call and get a price adjustment (about $10) in case you want to keep yours.  If you get the adjustment and then return it, they'll refund the adjusted price to you.   Mine is still going back; I don't like it enough even at the ODO price.

@Pearlee - Missed out on this One Day Only Price.  It is now showing what I paid for it.  I must try this on soon and make a decision on whether to keep it.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  If you decide to keep it, I'd still get the price adjusted since it went down during your 30 day return period.  Maybe they'll be nice and do it for you to be customer friendly. Smiley Happy    Let me know if you like yours better than I liked mine - you might.

Honored Contributor

So @Biftu  have you tried this on yet?

Frequent Contributor

I ordered this top in maple in my  normal size medium and I LOVE it.  I thought the colors were perect - loved the maple and light blue color combo.  I wore it with cropped jeggings and i got several compliments.  it is a lighter weight french terry but i liked that becuase i can wear this in the spring.  i broght along a blackberry rayon span cardi for the restaruant and it was perfect. 

i liked the godets- they were a touch darker in maple color than the heathered maple french terry.  I thought it was very slilmming!

now i must say that i would have never bought it at regular price.  it was the ODO and therefore i gave it a try and i am so glad i did.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

So @Biftu  have you tried this on yet?

@Pearlee - While not one of my "I love it" tops, I like it enough to keep it mainly because it goes so well with the lemongrass cardi as well as my macrame cardis.  I think I will get my wear out of it.