Honored Contributor

Re: A286957 Rib slub knit top with daisy mesh trim

[ Edited ]

@Biftu- do you want this in lily white xxs?  I have it in my cart fo you As Is.  10:00 - let me know before 11:00 pm - it'll release then and I'm going to bed then too.

A297843

Trusted Contributor

I have the lily white and I really like it. However, it is a little sheer. The day I wore it, I couldn't find a white bra that was clean so I had to go with a light pink one. I had to wear a (near) white LOGO tank underneath to keep the color from showing through. That's OK, but just thought some of you would like to know.

Honored Contributor

@aprimo wrote:

I have the lily white and I really like it. However, it is a little sheer. The day I wore it, I couldn't find a white bra that was clean so I had to go with a light pink one. I had to wear a (near) white LOGO tank underneath to keep the color from showing through. That's OK, but just thought some of you would like to know.

Yes; several reviews mentioned that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu- do you want this in lily white xxs?  I have it in my cart fo you As Is.  10:00 - let me know before 11:00 pm - it'll release then and I'm going to bed then too.

A297843

@Pearlee - Thanks for thinking of me.  I had this in my cart yesterday and let it go because as you know, I have the white in the French Terry top with the same trim, but still on the fence.  It's back in my cart this morning still deciding.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu  I saw it was gone this morning so you must have it in your cart. Smiley Happy.  FYI - I got the medium As Is yesterday. Smiley Happy Not to influence you or anything but as you know, I have it also in the Fr. terry lounge in white.  In fact, I'm the one who brought that item up when this one aired.  I'd rather have gotten this in the coral (don't want that brook-looking blue color) but I can always use a white LOGO top!  I'm assuming I can wear this one in warmer weather than I'd wear the Lounge one, which isn't in her lightest weight Fr. terry.

I did hesitate though because although it got good reviews in our own forum, the general reviews has several posts saything the material is scratchy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  I saw it was gone this morning so you must have it in your cart. Smiley Happy.  FYI - I got the medium As Is yesterday. Smiley Happy Not to influence you or anything but as you know, I have it also in the Fr. terry lounge in white.  In fact, I'm the one who brought that item up when this one aired.  I'd rather have gotten this in the coral (don't want that brook-looking blue color) but I can always use a white LOGO top!  

I did hesitate though because although it got good reviews in our own forum, the general reviews has several posts saything the material is scratchy.

@Pearlee - I ended up getting it.  The material is certainly lighter than our French Terry top.  I'm not concerned about it being scratchy because, although lighter in weight, it appears to be the same material (although I didn't check) as our A274090 hoodies.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  I saw it was gone this morning so you must have it in your cart. Smiley Happy.  FYI - I got the medium As Is yesterday. Smiley Happy Not to influence you or anything but as you know, I have it also in the Fr. terry lounge in white.  In fact, I'm the one who brought that item up when this one aired.  I'd rather have gotten this in the coral (don't want that brook-looking blue color) but I can always use a white LOGO top!  

@Pearlee - I ended up getting it.  The material is certainly lighter than our French Terry top.  I'm not concerned about it being scratchy because, although lighter in weight, it appears to be the same material (although I didn't check) as our A274090 hoodies.

@Biftu  Oh, that would be good!  I hope it works out for both of us.   The sheerness factor doesn't bother me at all - I'm good with a nude bra under such things; that's enough modesty for me.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee @Biftu.  I only returned mine because the large was a little too big for me.  I thought it was beautiful and I found the fabric to be very soft.  I really think you will like it. If I reorder, I'll get the Lily White...the vintage coral was more muted than my other vintage coral pieces and very close to my skin color.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@Pearlee @Biftu.  I only returned mine because the large was a little too big for me.  I thought it was beautiful and I found the fabric to be very soft.  I really think you will like it. If I reorder, I'll get the Lily White...the vintage coral was more muted than my other vintage coral pieces and very close to my skin color.

@Trudey  I thought you returned it because your husband said it looked like your skin!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. If it hadn't been too big, I would have kept it.  My DH did say that it was the same color as my skin...but I was okay with that Smiley Happy