Honored Contributor

Re: A286957 Rib slub knit top with daisy mesh trim

[ Edited ]

@Biftu  Received my lily white As Is one today, tried it on, and just love it!  I'm so happy I got it.   It arrived in mint, brand-new condition.  The medium is a perfect fit with room to spare, and IMO it's a great length.  It covers exactly what I want covered on me, and I'm so glad I didn't get the willow LTS that might have looked like a dress on me, because I can wear this lily white top with green camo pants and it will indeed cover what I need to be covered so I'm glad I didn't spend that money on the LTS yesterday.

Did I need this?  No.  The material is just like the long hoodie we got (in pink tint for me which looks like chalk so resembles this) that is very, very soft ribbed knit - baby blanket soft.  This won't be good in the superhot 90 degree weather but is perfect to wear now in early spring.  I didn't look at the lace godets and think it looks exactly like our Fr. terry lily white top (or was it alabaster? whatever)  with all that lace - the "communion top."  For one thing, this is much more casual - I think the Fr. terry is fairly dressy - well, I could easily wear it to a communion ceremony! Smiley Happy  And this silhouette is completely different from that one.

Totally love this.  I thought the As Is price was pricey, but not now that I've seen it and tried it on.  I think it was fair, esp. since mine looks brand new.  I hope you are going to be as pleased with yours as I am with mine - I think you will! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - Got mine too - love.  Perfect condition, perfect color, perfect weight, perfect length, perfect fit.  Did I say Perfect!?  It is the same material as our hoodie which I was pleased about since the material is so soft.  The godets are the same as our French Terry top.  I almost passed on this but glad I didn't.  Speaking of the "communion" top, I just received an invitation to my goddaughter's little girl's first communion.  Maybe I coud outshine those little cuties by wearing my top!  

Good decision you passed on that LTS.  It really is for taller gals.  I only wore mine once and didn't feel great in it at all.  Those LTS prices are tempting, but many times not something we really love.

Happy that we love our new top.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu  I'm so happy we agree that this was a good purchase.  Also happy that finally As Is came through for both of us with "new" condition garments.

Do you agree  this is much more casual than the "communion" top?  And I absolutely think you should wear that to your goddaughter's little girl's first communion.  You'll definitely be showing your "spirit" of the occasion! 

By the way, we seldom get our orders on the same day!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Biftu  I'm so happy we agree that this was a good purchase.  Also happy that finally As Is came through for both of us with "new" condition garments.

Do you agree  this is much more casual than the "communion" top?  And I absolutely think you should wear that to your goddaughter's little girl's first communion.  You'll definitely be showing your "spirit" of the occasion! 

By the way, we seldom get our orders on the same day!

@Pearlee - I agree that this top is more casual.  I think it's because of the material.  Oh and like some if the reviewers I don't find it too see through, at least not in the light I tried it on in.  The communion is out of state, so I will take my communion top on my trip -- not sure if I will wear it that day though LOL.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  I tried mine on hurriedly today, and in my not-well-lit bedroom but still in the middle of the day so plenty of sunlight was shining in.  I'd forgotten all about the see-through issue til I just read your post but didn't notice any see-through (glad you reminded me).  I was wearing a nude bra so that's just what I'll continue to do with this top.   I don't have any issue with my hoodie in the same material which is pretty much white.  Can't remember now if it was officially pink tint but looks white or ivory but it's  our longer hoodie as you know.  And there's been no see-through problem with that.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee Thank you so much for your review of the "as is" slub knit top with daisy mesh trim. After your glowing review I had to order it as well. Smiley Happy I'm happy to read that you feel the "as is" price is fair for this top. 

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@divine  I hope yours comes in as pristine condition as @Bitfu's and mine did. You just never know with As Is.  As for "glowing reviews,"  Biftu's was even better than mine, with her multiple use of the word "perfect."!  Smiley Happy  

What color did you get, divine?

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@divine@  I hope yours comes in as pristine condition as @Bitfu's and mine did. You just never know with As Is.  As for "glowing reviews,"  Biftu's was even better than mine, with her multiple use of the word "perfect."!  Smiley Happy  

What color did you get, divine?

@Pearlee LOL... well then my gratitude also goes out to Ms. @Biftu . Like you, I ordered the alabaster. I'm hoping mine arrives as pristine as yours and biftu's did. It's always a krap shoot with these "as is" purchases. I just received a LOGO lace cardigan with a big hole in the lace...right on the front! I don't know how quality control missed it. I'm hoping this top will turn out to be perfect like yours and biftu's. 

Member Since 11/20/2008