Respected Contributor

Re: A285365 Printed Knit Top with Lace Hi-Low Hem (a LHOTP print)

[ Edited ]

This top is now clearance priced.  After reading the reviews and all of your comments, I'm going to try it.  I think I will need a large in this top (since it's layers) and sienna is sold out in my size.  Does anyone have any of the other colors?  I'm torn between burgundy and purple (two colors that I almost never buy).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trudey  Yes, you'd need a large.  My medium just fits me with no room to spare.

I don't like any of the colors other than the sienna, in all honestly.  And on some I don't think the lace color even goes with the upper part.

Pearley, Not enabling

(and remember what I intially said about ordering that hoodie with the scroll pattern - not to do it).

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. Thank you and I trust your opinion.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trudey  And please note that in our reviews, both @Peg and I stated that we wouldn't have wanted to pay any more than we did for it, and we wouldn't want another one (well she did, but I feel the same way).   It's pretty and i'm glad to have it, but will never be a favorite.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.  I've had such bad luck with my orders lately.  Other than the "as is" jeans that I got, the only other items that I've kept have been the striped sweater (love) and 2 of the printed pleated hem tanks.  I was hoping to get something new for my trip at the end of the month, but so far...no luck.  I'm wating for the dark water blue Lounge jacket to arrive...but I see that as more of a basic and not really special.  I'll keep looking and hopefully something really special will pop up. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trudey wrote:

@Pearlee. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.  I've had such bad luck with my orders lately.  Other than the "as is" jeans that I got, the only other items that I've kept have been the striped sweater (love) and 2 of the printed pleated hem tanks.  I was hoping to get something new for my trip at the end of the month, but so far...no luck.  I'm wating for the dark water blue Lounge jacket to arrive...but I see that as more of a basic and not really special.  I'll keep looking and hopefully something really special will pop up. 

@Trudey  Welll, let me think on that a bit and I'll start (or you can start) another thread, since this one is a review thread of that item.  I need to think though since I haven't been ordering much lately either and since our body types are so different, I need to take that into consideration.  

Valued Contributor

Finally received mine this week, but hadn't had a chance to review it until today.  I really like it!   As is the case with several of us, the LHOTP print is very out-of-the-box for me, but I'm glad I took the plunge with you all because it is different for me and I like the fit and colors and the smaller floral print.  The sienna was sold out on the ODO night, so I got the ocean teal and went up to a medium (the larger of my two LOGO sizes) since it is layers.  The colors in the ocean teal and very pretty and I've really been drawn to blues lately, so I'm a happy camper!  I'm going to wear it to school one day next with with a white skinny crop pant.  I'm with others who have said one of these is enough for me (and I'm usually a multiples kind of girl), but I'm pleasantly surprised with the one that I received!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee,this top is  packaged and going back. I decided yesterday.  There are some things I like about it- the copper lace and the shorter length - but I can't seem to get passed the print. As I stated in another thread, I had it hanging in my closet and  I am certain that's where it would stay. Guess it was "too out  of my comfort zone". 

Honored Contributor

@Peg wrote:

@Pearlee,this top is  packaged and going back. I decided yesterday.  There are some things I like about it- the copper lace and the shorter length - but I can't seem to get passed the print. As I stated in another thread, I had it hanging in my closet and  I am certain that's where it would stay. Guess it was "too out  of my comfort zone". 

@violet runner  I tried mine on again yesterday too and was going to post to you about my further thoughts on it, but I didn't want to influence you so I'm glad you posted because now I will post my thoughts.

I liked it better yesterday.  I liked it when I first tried it on, but also wasn't sure how much I'd wear it because the print really isn't me, as we've discussed.  And I also thought it ran skimpy (although not snug on me) and wasn't sure about that aspect of it either.  But I really liked it better than the first time I tried it on and am keeping mine.  It didn't feel skimpy - it's just a slimmer cut than that silhouette usually is and I actually like it - the less volume makes it slenderizing (on me).  I'm still actually not sure how much I like the print but I really do like the colors, which brighten me up (pale complexion) and I think it will be useful well into fall as I've posted earlier.  

When I originally was going to write this yesterday, I was going to add that in favor of keeping it in your case, it would be something very different for you esp. the lace, which isn't different for me because I have tons of LOGO with lace - and so it would give you a different "look" than your usual when you wear yours.  However, you are doing the right thing by returning it, rather than have the cost spent on it just sitting on a hanger in your closet not being worn.  

I think I will get good use out of mine.  It will be interesting to see what (if any) comments I get on it from my friends for wearing something so different for me.  

I am keeping mine. But for you, I think you are doing the right thing.  I hope something comes along later from LOGO that is out of your comfort zone and will try, but won't make you so uncomfortable that you wouldn't wear it.    Let me add that I didn't think Lori looked good in this top.  To me it seemed not to "be her."  The LHOTP flowers just looked odd on her, in a way that stripes and other prints she's worn never have.   It just didn't look like her style and looked too young for her too (although I'm older than she is and am going to wear mine! - that doesn't make any sense!).

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee  Happy you are keeping yours and yes, tell us what happens the first time you wear it out ( if your friends comment.).  On it's own, it's very pretty.