Honored Contributor

Re: A285360 Button Front Plaid Shirt with Lace Trim

@equss  I'm returning stuff to Q tomorrow so I tried mine on again.  My plaids do match up!  I'm fortunate!  The shirt really is quite roomy on me  -- overall the size 10 would be a better fit, but not in the bust & shoulders as I posted above.  So I'm keeping the 12, probably against my better judgment to pick it up at a better price As Is.  But As Is has been not great lately and I've gotten a few things home that have clearly been washed and shrunken in a dryer, so I'm keeping this.  I like how different it is than everything in my wardrobe and I really do like the colors on me and the amount of lace and the longer length.  The sleeves are too long on me but I'll live with that since it has buttons at the sleeves I can do some tinkering with them.

@Trudey, as I was trying mine on I was thinking that if you ever do get the size 14, it would probably fit you the way mine fits me.  Quite roomy in the body 9which as I posted earlier, is OK in this garment because it's kind of a boyfriend shirt) but correct in the bust and shoulders.  I actually think you would like this shirt, esp. the length.  And the material, though long sleeve, is very ligthweight for you southern gals.  But as you caution, laundering may be an issue.

Valued Contributor

I was looking at LOGO threads to find a top I can wear on casual Fridays. I found this thread and ordered the plaid in blue. It arrived on Thursday ( perfect timing) and wore it today. I know it's an older thread but I really like this top. So much that I ordered the other color. I was stopped all day and asked about it. You know when you wear something and it feels right.... This was it.  Love that we can look up items and find information that helps. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mellie2 wrote:

I was looking at LOGO threads to find a top I can wear on casual Fridays. I found this thread and ordered the plaid in blue. It arrived on Thursday ( perfect timing) and wore it today. I know it's an older thread but I really like this top. So much that I ordered the other color. I was stopped all day and asked about it. You know when you wear something and it feels right.... This was it.  Love that we can look up items and find information that helps. Smiley Happy

@Mellie2  I'm so happy you love it -- I love my melon one and I think you would be very happy with that one too (which I don't consider just a spring color - it's all year, esp. if worn with darker bottoms).  Funny, the OP didn't like the color choice you chose but your post makes me consider ordering that one too some time.  I have really liked mine. I've always loved plaid and this shirt makes plaid very feminine with the lace trims.

I agree with you about researching past threads - it can be very helpful and I'm delighter you ordered this top and added your review to the thread.   IMO putting the item number in the title is indeed helpful to finding a thread quickly. It's also helpful to have the reviews on one thread, to get the most info/input possible when considering an item.

Valued Contributor

The easy look up and information really helped as you said @Pearlee. I don't find the blue plaid dull at all. I wore a bright blue tank under with a necklace I had almost the same color as the tank and jeans. I am really looking forward to the plum color. This is now my go to top. I bought the Earth Brand boots in a wine color and I think they will go together nicely. I wore my top all day teaching and did not have any wrinkle problems at all as some have stated. Just lucky I guess.