Super Contributor

A276832 - Knit Tank with Embroidery and Lace Trim Hem

I know there was a lot of discussion about this tank last year.  I may be wrong but there looks to be a new color this year - plum blossom and the other 2 colors are fully stocked so I'm guessing we will see a presentation on it soon.

Trusted Contributor

Re: A276832 - Knit Tank with Embroidery and Lace Trim Hem

I remember that tank from last year. I didn't buy it, but I believe @Pearlee did.

Honored Contributor

@aprimo  Great memory!  Yes, I have it in the two colors from last year. I can't believe you remember I have it!

Respected Contributor

@KimSKS wrote:

I know there was a lot of discussion about this tank last year.  I may be wrong but there looks to be a new color this year - plum blossom and the other 2 colors are fully stocked so I'm guessing we will see a presentation on it soon.

I agree.  The new color usually shows up right before the presentation.

Super Contributor

@Pearlee Do you like this tank? Is it similar to  A276642 except not logo lounge?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pjcab wrote:

@Pearlee Do you like this tank? Is it similar to  A276642 except not logo lounge?

@Pjcab@  Hi there.   I absolutely love this tank.  First I got the cocoa in its premiere presentation when both colors sold out.   Then later I got the chalk As Is (at a much better price) which came in pristine, like-new condition.  I'm very happy with both of them and both can be justified because they look different in the different colors.  Still like the cocoa best (which @Biftu also owns) but like the chalk almost equally.

I can see why you asked aboput similarities to A276642.  Well, yes and no.  The style is similar of course but there are differences.  I actually wanted it so badly and being between sizes in the latter Fr. terry tank, I ordered both the medium and the large in the cocoa because I knew it would sell out.   It turns out my regular size medium fit much better - perfectly in fact.  So that's a difference.  It doesn't run snug and there is give in the cotton slub.  I haven't looked at the measurments but to me it seems longer than the Fr. terry one so I'm pretty sure it is.  The lace is also longer  so there is more of it, which maybe accounts for the additional length.  I absolutely adore all the colors in the embroidery.  They are more pastel in the chalk one and they do pop more in the cocoa, which is probably why I like that one a little better.  But both are ever-so-useful because of all the colors in them.   I really love this tank.  And this is a perfect example, to all those "you can find the same thing at Target, Kohl's, Wal-Mart, etc. for cheaper" posters --oh, no you can't.   The lace is so very lovely on this top, as is everything about it. Good armholes too in my regular size medium - no gapping.  This tank is just about as close to perfect IMO as it gets.  

I've washed both several times (and hung to dry) and they come out great. I do take care to flatten down the appliques while they are still wet - they fold at their edges in the wash - so they dry flat and not with curled edges.

It dries overnight so it is perfect for travel.

I love the Fr. terry one but neither the medium nor the large fit quite right. That is not the case in this tank.   I can't remember whether Biftu went up a size or not but I don't think so - I think she also got her regular size xxs but I hope she confirms that.

Super Contributor

@Pearlee Thank you so much for the detailed and informative review!! I remember this tank and it sold out in both colors as I debated  on sizing. I am leaning towards the new color plum blossom...look forward to the presentation. Hopefully I won't miss out like last time. Again thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pjcab @Pearlee - This is truly a special tank.  @Pearlee Is right I have the cocoa in my usual size and it fits nicely.  I temember being tempted to get the white also but it was quite pricey so I passed, but it's true they look like different tops in each color.  Thanks for reminding me I have this tank I need to wear it more this year.  

Super Contributor

The new plum blossom color is now pictured for this tank.  I'm guessing we'll see it during the 4 hours of LOGO tomorrow.  Debating whether I want it with the 4 easy pay going on today.

Super Contributor

I received the plum blossom tank in the mail yesterday.  Originally in the cocoa from last year I ordered my normal size and it JUST fit.  This time I ordered up a size because I plan to wear it over the tank dress (A290481) in vintage elm.  That will be delivered tomorrow so can't speak to how I think the two go together right now.  I have the tank dress in the blue and wear A290233 in the white over it.  That has become one of my go-to outfits.

Back to the plum blossom tank - in the picture the flowers look quite gold but the coloring is much more of a subtle gold color in person.  The leaves are more of a dark loden - camo green color than shown in the picture.  The going up a size will work well if I like it over the tank dress but is too big for me to just wear alone so if you're going to buy it to wear alone I would order your normal size.  Maybe they sized it a little larger this year than last year (that doesn't make sense) but there is definitely quite a bit of difference between my 2 sizes.  My biggest complaint and hesitation is that the under-arms have quite a gap.  I'm small chested and know that part of it is my body shape but I don't think I would be comfortable wearing it alone.  I'll let you know what I think of it over the tank dress.