Honored Contributor

Re: A275027 Lavish slub knit top with Swiss dot and lace

@AZ girl wrote:

The buttercup is a beautiful color!  Both of you got lucky for the "as is" on that one!  I'm a little jealous! Smiley Wink

@LOL  - I'm pretty sure that's one I talked @Biftu into buying when her size came into As Is.  I already had mine from As is and really liked it, much more than I ever expected to since I usually don't look great in yellow.

Those were the days when most of the As Is we purchased came in great, like-new condition.

Esteemed Contributor

@AZ girl wrote:

@I own it in the macrame and the frosted mint and love them both!  Sure wish I could have been lucky enough to get one at an "as is" price.  Congrats on that, @Bitfu!  This is a very pretty top and one of my LOGO favorites!

@AZ girl - These are great tops regardless of the cost, but of course we always like a deal.  One of my favorites too.  I bet the frosted mint is pretty too, but I think four is enough for me if not too many!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@AZ girl@  @Biftu and I both got the yellow one As Is also, in pristine condition last year (buttercup I think it's called?).   I got the macrame and chalk at full price during it's first presentation - I know Biftu has the macrame also, can't remember if she has the chalk too.

@Biftu, I knew you were going to say what you did - that it was the least favorite of the colors but still good to have in your wardrobe.  I figured it would be the least favorite of them all somehow (that yellow one turned out to be surprisingly nice, as we both agreed).   By the way, I have a different LOGO top in the frosted mint and I like that color very much. 

Thanks for the response.

@Pearlee - Yes, that yellow was a surprise.  I might even say it is my favorite.  I do have the chalk.  The frosted mint color does look nice, but I think I would need it in a different top.  Enough is enough of these!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Question:  I recently ordered the cotton modal dress in ivy (already have it in black) which I got "as is".  And I ordered this top (A275027) in chalk (lucky to pick up "as is") as I missed it last time.  Here is the question....do you think I should also get this top in Frosted Mint as well as the chalk to go with the ivy cotton/modal lace long dress in Ivy?  How do you think it would look over the dress?  Just not sure about the colors together as Lori said the Ivy dress is more of a sage green.  Do any of you own both the dress and shirt in the green?  Thanks...

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd  Of course Lori would say anything goes with everything but.....

I do have frosted mint but not that ivy TSV color.  However, from what I've seen of it online and in videos, I would not put the two together for the reason you state; one is more sage-y.  I don't think they "go" together, not even as tonals (again I don't own the ivy one but from what I've seen....).

The Lavish blouse can easily be worn open as a jacket.  So the chalk would go with anything.  And in fact, I think I'd put the buttercup one on with the ivy TSV dress before I'd put the frosted mint on with it.  Just my two cents!

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@phoenixbrd  Of course Lori would say anything goes with everything but.....

I do have frosted mint but not that ivy TSV color.  However, from what I've seen of it online and in videos, I would not put the two together for the reason you state; one is more sage-y.  I don't think they "go" together, not even as tonals (again I don't own the ivy one but from what I've seen....).

The Lavish blouse can easily be worn open as a jacket.  So the chalk would go with anything.  And in fact, I think I'd put the buttercup one on with the ivy TSV dress before I'd put the frosted mint on with it.  Just my two cents!

@I completely agree with @Pearlee's opinion on putting those colors together (or not as the case may be), @phoenixbrd.  I also think that the other colors....chalk, macarme or buttercup would compliment the ivy much better.  I don't think I'd care for the mint with the ivy either....just my two cents as well!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee@AZ girl,  Thanks....yes, that was my concern and I don't think the greens would play well together.  The chalk will look lovely over the light green sage.  Even though I don't think the mint is right for this dress,  I'm still loving that mint color, maybe if it goes "as is"....(very wishful thinking).

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Question:  I recently ordered the cotton modal dress in ivy (already have it in black) which I got "as is".  And I ordered this top (A275027) in chalk (lucky to pick up "as is") as I missed it last time.  Here is the question....do you think I should also get this top in Frosted Mint as well as the chalk to go with the ivy cotton/modal lace long dress in Ivy?  How do you think it would look over the dress?  Just not sure about the colors together as Lori said the Ivy dress is more of a sage green.  Do any of you own both the dress and shirt in the green?  Thanks...

I think those two greens would look lovely together.  The lace on the bottom of the dress looks to be a minty color.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu  At the time I'm writing this, the frosted mint is available as is in xxs.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu   Did you see the new black one presented on Monday night?  What did you think of it in the black? I ordered but canceled my order (it was a ODO price at $79-something - $10 off the current price) to think about whether I really want another one (I have banana, chalk and macrame).  I do have a lot of pants to wear a black on with, but still...it was....

(excessive! LOL)