Honored Contributor

Re: which is the best air fryer

I have had the Power XL air fryer (3.5 qt.) from QVC for way over a year.  No problems with "chipping."  (the one Eric sells)    Works fine and I use it several times a week.  Would not be without an air fryer now.

Valued Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I have had the Power XL air fryer (3.5 qt.) from QVC for way over a year.  No problems with "chipping."  (the one Eric sells)    Works fine and I use it several times a week.  Would not be without an air fryer now.

@Daysdee @hennypenny    I also have the Power XL and love it, no issues with peeling or chipping.  I've had it for over a year and use it almost daily.  

Respected Contributor

Okay----I ordered the power xl.

I figure he will get tired of the thing before the paint chips.---

I want to thank all of you for your input. Sometimes mr henny comes up with these ideas at the last minute and leaves me in the lurch.

Trusted Contributor

@hennypenny
@hennypenny wrote:

My husband out of the blue has requested an air fryer.

I have read reviews of some.

I have noticed that many people have said the finish chips off of the basket etc.

Has anyone had success  with a specific one?

He doesnt need a large one.

@hennypenny

I have 2 Air Fryers.  3.4 quart, (my first) and 5.3 quart (recent) Cooks Essentials Air Fryers. 

I purchased them when they were TSVs.  

Besides my everyday “go to” woks, and a pressure cooker,  the Air Fryers are good if you eat /enjoy of fried foods,  but want to reduce your fat intake.  A little spritz of oil sometimes.  Air Fryers are  easy to use with programmed time and temperature.  

And easy clean up.  I use parchment liners to keep the cooking basket clean.

Some of my 3.4 quart cooking basket non-stick coating did chip  off,  but not a big deal.  Sometimes I use a parchment liner or metal rack with both Air Fryers.

There are other Air Fryers  that promote a ceramic cooking basket.

Good luck

Hung

Valued Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I have the Emeril air fryer that QVC sells.  May have gotten it when it was a TSV, but I can't remember for sure.  I've only had it a few months and it works perfectly fine, but I find I don't use it as much as I thought I would.  Like @aroc3435, I have Meredith Lawrence's air fryer cookbook, so I'm hoping after the holidays to spend more time using it.  

I remember watching the presentations and thinking that I couldn't live without it.  Hahaha  I was wrong.  

I have this air fryer and was happy with it until the bottom insert that pulls out to clean has started to peel a bit.  This is unacceptable to me and in searching around I notice a lot of reviews on all different air fryers have the same problem.

Right now I am searching for an air fryer that has a stainless steel basket.  So far no luck.  It is an issue that I wish the manufacturers would address. Spending $100 and having it last for only a year is not OK with me.  I'm willing to pay more for an item that will last.

Trusted Contributor

@BaileyBop wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

I have the Emeril air fryer that QVC sells.  May have gotten it when it was a TSV, but I can't remember for sure.  I've only had it a few months and it works perfectly fine, but I find I don't use it as much as I thought I would.  Like @aroc3435, I have Meredith Lawrence's air fryer cookbook, so I'm hoping after the holidays to spend more time using it.  

I remember watching the presentations and thinking that I couldn't live without it.  Hahaha  I was wrong.  

I have this air fryer and was happy with it until the bottom insert that pulls out to clean has started to peel a bit.  This is unacceptable to me and in searching around I notice a lot of reviews on all different air fryers have the same problem.

Right now I am searching for an air fryer that has a stainless steel basket.  So far no luck.  It is an issue that I wish the manufacturers would address. Spending $100 and having it last for only a year is not OK with me.  I'm willing to pay more for an item that will last.

@BaileyBop

I use perfect fit round perforated non-stick parchment liner ($3.00 for 300 liners)  in the cooking basket, when needed, and/or use the included stainless steel rack to raise the food off the cooking basket.

The parchment liner also serves to make clean up very easy.

Next to my woks, and pressure cooker, I use my 3.4 quart and 5.3 quart Air Fryers almost daily.  Air Fryers are a healtier way to prepare fried food.   

Good luck.

Hung

Trusted Contributor

I have a Farberware 3.2 qt. from Walmart. Bought it in April 2016. I use it a lot, and haven't had any peeling, chipping, or scratches.

Frequent Contributor

@BaileyBop  You mentioned round parchment paper....I live in NY and the only place I could find round parchment sheets was at walmart.com.  Where do you buy yours?  

Super Contributor

hennypenny I would get the Ninja 4qt airfryer. It is very easy to operate. The inside basket is coated with ceramic. Very easy to clean and no peeling. They have it on the Q.

Super Contributor

Gerri S you can get the paper off Amazon