Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking in your home this june?

Sloppy Joes and tater tots tonight.Have to make a salad also as our first tomato is ripe! Some herbs and a tomato plant is our garden on the deck. Enjoy the week-end.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

chicken and dumplings for me not DH though.

I made one attempt to bake a fruit pie and that was the last.

bubbled up and spilled all over the oven and smoked up the house to where I thought I'd have to call the Fire Dept.

Sticking with being Queen of breads. LOL

Sara Lee for fruit pies, now pecan and pumpkin I can do LOL

@SharkE   I made an apple pie once, looked good to me, and tasted good, but family laughed when they saw it, I hadn't trimmed the crust on the edges before crimping so it was very thick, lol.  I havn't made a pie since, but always wanted to conquer this as others make it look so easy.

Honored Contributor

Thing about fruit pies is fruit is mostly water anyway, so, you have to figure out how much this and that and put a pan underneath to catch any overflows. Who wants to smoke up your house and clean the oven afterwards.

I'm keeping my tiara as Queen of bread and rolls. ROFL that's hard enough and takes yrs to figure out.

Somebody else can have their tiara as Queen of pies.

Honored Contributor

Sushi last night, love it.  The restaurant we get sushi for take-out makes fabulous sushi, hardly any rice, such beautiful fresh seafood and toppings.  If it weren't so expensive, I could it it at least once a week.

Cheeseburgers tonight.  It was hot yesterday and again today, cooling off during the week, thank goodness.  

Honored Contributor

We had baby back ribs yesterday so we will eat the rest of those Monday. We are making filet mignon & corn on the cob on the grill today. It's so nice outside today. A relief from the rain & humidity.

Honored Contributor

Got the girls home with us, so our supper will be shake n bake pork chops, scalloped potatoes, green beans and sliced tomatoes.  Been 3 weeks since all of us were here together.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Got the girls home with us, so our supper will be shake n bake pork chops, scalloped potatoes, green beans and sliced tomatoes.  Been 3 weeks since all of us were here together.

A bunch of the Grands will ONLY eat shake and bake pork.....no other way...

I also just found out that the teenaged Grand LOVES sushi @mousiegirl .....

not another person will even touch it (including me)........don't even know where he got it the first time !

Respected Contributor

Have a beef roast with onions,carrots,celery and potatoes in the slow cooker.The weather is perfect! Sun with a slight breeze,just a lovely day.Have a nice evening.

Honored Contributor

I have found that kids who are exposed to a variety of food very early on will usually eat anything.  I remember my SIL giving her kids lobster and they loved it.  I hadn't eaten any until an adult, never had it growing up. 

DD would pick out any teensy weensy green bit she found in food, a teeny pile of green on the edge of her plate, lol.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having chinese.....don't feel like cooking. Chicken & corn soup, boneless spare ribs, dumplings and chicken with brown sauce. Good thing that they deliver since I am not all all motivated to go out.....

So funny that you should mention lobster.......I grew up on it and 60+ years later it is still my favorite food.....

we eat all sorts of sea food and fish but never thought of Sushi cause we just don't eat it !