Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking in your home this june?

[ Edited ]

trenet your meal sounds wonderful and i send you prayers that you get better. good luck to you.  good afternoon everyone. awesome weather down here in ri. sunny 87 and a little brezzy. for lunch we had leftover chicken fried rice and yestauday was leftover teriaki burgers and french fries. hope everyone has a great day and you all eat well.

Respected Contributor

@trenet ------you never know what someone  else is going thru. Your dinner sounds wonderful and I can pray there are 48 more.

I got an order from Omaha and my freezer is loaded....but, because I am basically a lazy "person" , I am getting a cheeseburger deluxe from the local diner.... I did stick zucchini, tomato sauce, peppers, onions and spices in the slow cooker but will have tomorrow with pork chops....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband had another recheck appt today (after the amputation procedure 5 months ago) and his wound is healing nicely, so the surgeon discontinued the wound vac.   

We were thrilled to hear those words, and stopped at Logan’s Roadhouse on the way home for a special meal to celebrate.   This has been a very difficult journey for our family, and while my husband is not out of the woods yet, we are thankful and blessed to be where we are today, and celebrated his good news with some good food!

Honored Contributor

It's suppose to be around 100° today so not cooking indoors. LOL!!!

DH is going to make some BBQ chicken breasts on the grill when he gets home from work.Can't wait they are so yummy. DH can eat potato salad with his & I'm going to eat a salad.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone. Have been trying to get some needed things done - at my age it is a problem. I do not like not visiting here as this is one of my favorite threads. The lady who started it is still very active and a super nice lady. She is one of the posters that through the years I got to meet -- am so glad. She lives in Virginia and has a gorgeous old home which takes your breath away. We use to do that on these threads - get to know people and then go and visit them. Lots of fun. Sad to say, too many are gone but too many just do not come here any more., By the way she was a tremendous cook!!

Have not been cooking a lot - just cannot do it but still use my slow cooker. Heat is starting up so it will get used for sure - NO Way will I stand over a stove and cook in this weather. Also cannot do that too much any more. I got old AND sick - what a combo.

Hope all are doing well. Wish I could still travel - would love to sit at some of the dinner tables I have read about here.

Hope all have a great day! Stay cool!

Respected Contributor

Sounds like everyone is eating delicious meals.Making nachos tonight.It is summer here now,in the upper 80"s.With a nice breeze it has been tolerable.Need the AC on in the evening as the house gets hot.Have a great week-end all.

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. this weekend has been very warm and had thunderstorms yestauday and more are coming today. friday was going to be leftovers but we wernt feeling leftovers so we ordered chinese food and it gets delivered and it was very good. yestaudy we picked up food from dairyqueen, anna had a gift card  and last night we had leftover chinese food. hope you all have a great week.

Respected Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I went with a whim when David Venable's latest cook book was on free shipping and easypay. I am going to try 2 of his stovetop recipes : Mexican Street Corn off the cob  & Southern Succotash Stir Fry. They look easy , no oven, & a nice light item for main dish.

I like to purchase a new to me cook book every now and then for inspiration. I know so much can be obtained online , but I just like a different cook book now and then !

@okaywitheasypay ------I do exactly the same thing when it comes to books......when available I buy them used and have never gotten anything that didn't look almost brand new.....if you can give us the succotash and Mexican corn recipes, we would be very grateful !!! 

@Danky, I tried the Mexican street corn last night  minus cilantro (I hate it--cilantro-- that is  ) DH and I loved the recipe . The lime and feta were delicious.  I will print the ingredients if anyone can tell me if it is alright with moderaters and forum?? I know DV shows a lot of his cb recipes at times , but i do not want to get zapped Smiley Happy for posting.

Respected Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@Danky wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I went with a whim when David Venable's latest cook book was on free shipping and easypay. I am going to try 2 of his stovetop recipes : Mexican Street Corn off the cob  & Southern Succotash Stir Fry. They look easy , no oven, & a nice light item for main dish.

I like to purchase a new to me cook book every now and then for inspiration. I know so much can be obtained online , but I just like a different cook book now and then !

@okaywitheasypay ------I do exactly the same thing when it comes to books......when available I buy them used and have never gotten anything that didn't look almost brand new.....if you can give us the succotash and Mexican corn recipes, we would be very grateful !!! 

@Danky, I tried the Mexican street corn last night  minus cilantro (I hate it--cilantro-- that is  ) DH and I loved the recipe . The lime and feta were delicious.  I will print the ingredients if anyone can tell me if it is alright with moderaters and forum?? I know DV shows a lot of his cb recipes at times , but i do not want to get zapped Smiley Happy for posting.

@okaywitheasypay ------it is okay to post recipes.......I HATE CILANTRO,TOO !

Honored Contributor

Meatloaf, baked beans, deviled eggs and sliced cucumbers.