Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking in your home this june?

My husband loves Chinese food so for Fathers Day we had Chinese take out.Today I made turkey casserole.Tomorrow will be leftovers.Happy eating to all.

Honored Contributor

I have a sour cherry tree in my yard and I have been picking and freezing cherries for a few days.

Today, I made a cherry pie and because my DH loves apple pie, I made one of those too.

My kitchen smells delightful, but some of the cherry filling leaked all over the bottom of my oven.  Now, I have another job to do.

983A94FA-5C83-436E-9DC2-289698AA2F52.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  Oooh those pies sound so good! Ilied,we are not having leftovers today.We are having chicken on the grill ( while the weather is good) with some potato wedges and three bean salad.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

good evening everyone.clougy rainy and muggy today. we put ac in windows today and we put up pool tomorrow. maria made today maranated pork with potato salad. it was very good.hope everyone has a great night.

Respected Contributor

Potato salad for dh today along with chicken and carrots. Tomorrow I will make beef stew chunks in the crock pot. I will also make peppers and Italian sweet sausage.

When I don't have any idea of what to make, I come to this forum and always find something that sounds good and I pick an idea up. Thanks to all that participate here.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tossed mixed veggies in the WOK for dinner last night and then put some Sweet 'N Sour sauce over them - super good!!! 

Mornings and nights still quite cool, today suppose to be up to 87 however.  Have some things to do today - still trying to find some more energy.

I keep my coolers in the window all year - no way could I take them out and put them back. One in particular is huge. Sure wish the folks had put in central heat and air. Sigh.

What to eat today? Have no clue but will come up with something. Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Leftover pasta and salad for DH last night.  I made an enormous bowl of popcorn with butter and cheese flavored powder, ate three quarters, and when I weighed myself this morning, I lost a pound, lol, was expecting the scale to be up.

Tonight will be Rastelli's ribeye pork chops with roasted new potatoes, halved and crisped, and the tiny green beans again coated in a shallot vinaigrette..  The bag I bought has a ton of these, so may have to blanch some and freeze.

Honored Contributor

Special request by trucker daughter was for chopped sirloin patties with brown gravy, rice, sliced cucumbers and rolls for our supper.   It sure filled my empty spot.

Respected Contributor

Last night I had a veggie subway sandwich - they are always so good. I love meat but much prefer the veggie subways. Ahhhh, me!!!!! 

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

chicken and dumplings for me not DH though.

I made one attempt to bake a fruit pie and that was the last.

bubbled up and spilled all over the oven and smoked up the house to where I thought I'd have to call the Fire Dept.

Sticking with being Queen of breads. LOL

Sara Lee for fruit pies, now pecan and pumpkin I can do LOL