Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking in your home this june?

I'm having BBQ rib tips, turnip greens, cornbread and potato salad for dinner today.

Honored Contributor

Chicken casserole and salad for our supper today.   

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. this is the first totally sunny weekend since the middle of febuary. its in the 70s. sunny and breezy. this is the perfect day. i could deal with this kind of weather all summer. for breakfast i made chocolate banana waffles for the first time.really good and when i made batter the whole kitchen smelled great. and we all ate with anna and and other people. she made pasta and meatballs. beefstew, fried artichokes,anise salad, regular salad, broccoli.different kinds of italian cheeses and italian buns.all very good. handle latch where you open dishwasher from is starting to break for the second time and it is  no longer under a contract on dw. so i looked up part on repair clinic .com and part was under 30 bucks and looked easy to put in so maria pit the part in yestauday and its running well. i couldnt see replacing dw for something that minnor. hope all had a great week.

Respected Contributor

Last two days have been sticky hot - really bad - after 5 months of cold and wet weather. Did not sleep well last night - I refuse to turn coolers on at nighttime.Have not yet cleaned the filters anyway - I do not have central cooling - window units but they work well. JUst have not gotten them ready to work. Not only that I have this thing in my head that this time in June is way too early to start upping the electric bill. LOL.

Fixed a large pork roast Saturday night - had mashed potatoes and with the roast tossed in a big sweet onion - of course - baby carrots and cabbage. Very good and a ton left over for last night.

Do not feel great this morning but it could always be worse. Today suppose to be hotter than yesterday - Groan.

Hope all have a super good day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We made grass fed ribeyes on the grill last night. They were so tender & yummy. We fixed corn on the cob on the grill with it plus a salad.

Having leftover bbq chicken breasts for dinner tonight that we made on the grill Sat.

Respected Contributor

Nightowlz - that sounded really good!

Respected Contributor

It's getting hot so maybe a slow cooker pot roast is coming we have senior once a month 10% off see maybe this weekend will happen. just a salad & maybe mash potatoes with it then leftovers not sure right now. Az is 106 we need this slow cooker & hope a few days with leftovers. Too hot here 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sissel, I have been slow cooking for several years now - what a lifesaver and you can fix almost anything in those wonderful creations.

Sou Cal use to have a dry heat - those days are gone. Last three days have been especially miserable - so sticky. And when you old as can be and not in great health, not nice at all. Lived in Tucson for about a year eons ago when my Father went to war in Korea - loved it. Lived near Davis-Monthan AFB.

Stay cool everyone - hot dogs here last night and my great grandson was suppose to come and cook them. He is on my bad list right now - no notice as I guess he had a whatever and decided not to come. I wound up trying to cook them and it was not easy Use to be a piece of cake. Oh well, he did not get a piece of his sisters BD cake either. LOL.

Tonight, have a Fridge full of leftovers from the past few days - will hit it for food today - trash pickup is tomorrow so it is a good time to do it. Quite frankly I would have preferred the leftovers last night also. 

Have a great day everyone and stay cool.

Respected Contributor

Going all out gourmet tonight.Hamburgers and mac & cheese.

Respected Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Going all out gourmet tonight.Hamburgers and mac & cheese.

@hellie jo ------at least yours is home-made........we got ours from the local pizza parlor with bacon,cheese and fries ! I would rather have had the Mac& Cheese from the Kraft box with powdered sauce ! My favorite for 50 years.....