Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking in your home this june?

good  evening everyone. awesome weather here in ri. like 70 and very breezy.. i planted some string bean seeds anna had soaking. planted some watermelon seeds and some more merrigold plants .hopping they will keep ground hog away, anna puy out alot of garlic powder and hot pepper flakes and so far it seems to be helping.maria made pork chowmain with celery and mushrooms and served it over rice, it was very good. i allways love anything over white rice.and tonight leftover chinese food. hope everyone has a great week..

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz -------if you take each individual banana and wrap only the stem side in Saran Wrap, the bananas will last much longer.

@Pooky1 ----I have never been a white rice lover. I usually throw out what I get from the Chinese Restaurant unless I forget to tell them not to include it....love pork fried rice, however.

Had leftover pizza and nachos......had to lean out the fridge.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   Chef John makes easy and very tasty recipes. DH's masala was DELICIOUS! We had leftovers last night in fact and it was as tasty or maybe a bit better after all the flavors melded. I make a lot of Chef's recipes actually and we enjoy every one of them.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Last night was mac salad with ham and asparagus, and tonight will be chicken tacos with leftiover grilled chicken from Sunday.  DH does not know how to build any fire but super HOT, so they have a nice char crust on them, lol, but are very tender and juicy inside.  I do most of the grilling as he tends to overcook.

Very hot here today, watered and now will stay inside where it is cooler and continue to organize and clean, a neverending project.

Honored Contributor

Hello Ladies!

I went passed by Fresh Market which is very rare and brought back chocolate eclairs!Smiley Happy!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Hello Ladies!

I went passed by Fresh Market which is very rare and brought back chocolate eclairs!Smiley Happy!!!

@ECBG   Havn't had those in years, but I remember them well, lol.

Honored Contributor

Last night was pan seared scallops in a butter sauce along with peas and Acme grilled olive bread.  I am a bread hound, went out yesterday, and came home with three loaves of French style bread, two 21 grain which I bought at Costco along with a package of rolls, and two packages of the multi-seed bagels, LOL.  I had to freeze everything but the fresh French breads so am trying to figure out recipes that I can use some of it in.  I made a meal yesterday of the bread with some tuna salad, forget the scallops, I can have those one night when DH is eating pasta, I want to enjoy the crunchy fresh bread, even dipped some into extra virgin olive oil with salt and pepper.

Tonight may be pasta for DH as I have sauce in the freezer, along with salad, a lobster tail for me, found huge tails at Costco yesterday, so froze two.  DH does not like it, weird guy, lol.

I bought what has turned out to be delicious raspberries at Costco, also blackberries and blueberries, the latter I eat like popcorn.  This time next year I expect to have a wonderful crop of blueberries and raspberries as I bought quite a few types that can be grown in pots.

I now have Fresno chilies, black and gold bell peppers, seven varieties of tomatoes, and three tomatillo plants growing, in addition to thirty or so basil seedlings, which I will transfer to their own pots when they are larger, so think I am set.  The strawberries will bear fruit all year, already had one crop, my daily snack.

Warm today with ferocious wind, has died down some, HATE wind, lol.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Hello Ladies!

Great minds...went by Deweys Bakery and bought eclairs.  And, cream horns!

Honored Contributor

I am making this tonight along with roasted potatoes and tiny green beans, will let you know how it turns out.

Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Hello Ladies!

Great minds...went by Deweys Bakery and bought eclairs.  And, cream horns!

@DukeBlueNan CREAM HORNS?  Not that!!!!!  I'll be right there!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy