Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking in your home this june?

Hellie, that roast is one of the best meals ever. I do that a lot - sometimes add something extra to it. Easy to fix in the slow cooker and real good eating!

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone.yestauday maria and anna went to annas brothers funeral. they had a long day. maria let me know when she would be coming home so i made potato and scrambled eggs. we had lerftover french fries from the night before when we ordered food so that was the potatoes i used and i made bacon. we allways bake bacon in oven but didnt want to turn oven on so i cooked bacon in our air fryer. it came very good in in there. today we ordered chinese food again. alot of ordering food out this week with everything going on. anna was invited out today so she didnt have to cook all weekend. hope you all have a great week coming up.

Respected Contributor

Today I am making baked chicken,rice pilaf and green beans.I hope everyone has a nice week and take care,

Honored Contributor

Grilled chicken thighs, warm potato and egg salad with a shallot, garlic, and herb vinaigrette, and baby arugula mixed in.  DH only bought a small amount of not medium Yukon Gold potatoes, as I asked, but very small, so I will have to add a lot of eggs to his portion, lol, no problem, he loves eggs more than anything, and corn on the cob.  Now that it is in season, will be eating it every week, love the sweet white.

Got a lot of heavy duty gardening done today, very warm outside.  He fell last week and hurt one hand, so no building of vege box today, hopefully next week.  There is a pole bean plant growing from what I planted last year, may be the only beans we will have this year, lol, hopefully once planted they will take off in the heat.

I dug up two volunteer boysenberry plants and potted them, so now have four, with another still growing in the ground, so will get that one another time.

Wishing everyone a great week ahead.

Honored Contributor

Trucker gal is on her way home and requested spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Last night I was going to make a great dinner using a recipe by Chef John on allrecipes.com. He's a down-home Louisiana chef, really good. I find myself making a lot of his recipes.  This one's called chicken tikki masala. I'll be doing this tonight instead as we had ribs made by fantastic local guys with food truck and a restaurant called Ray Ray's. These guys have their own farm raising their own pigs outside of the city here.

The chicken tikki masala will b very tasty I alreeady know as Chef John has great tasting recipes, easy and quick.

@PINKdogWOOD  I love Chef John's recipes. I saw his tikka masala recipe after I had started mine. I made good tikka masala the last time I made it, but I didn't bookmark or write down how I did it. So, this was a combo of several different recipes. It turned out well, but I would like to know what you think of chef John's.

Respected Contributor

I had a pretty simple dinner this evening: leftover cabbage, baked potato and roasted chicken breast. For dessert? yellow layer cake with chocolate frosting and butter pecan ice cream.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

my cooking should be alot easier as I just got my new set of Curtis Stone  recently from HSN---such nice stuff !!!

@wagirl   Let us know how they work out.  I watch his shows, but have only bought a pot for DD, so far.

I have bought a few cookware sets since I started watching the shopping channels years ago.  Curtis Stone's products  are the best.  Clean-up is so easy; nothing sticks.  I think they heat faster than other brands too.  Plus they are beautful.
Respected Contributor

Good Morning everyone. Ready to start some more good cooking and eating? So wish I still had the energy level I use to have. I think I will fry that white summer squash for tonight. Was going to fix it yesterday but was just too busy. Easy to cook but just takes time.

Hope all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

I made more banana muffins yesterday. Always have bananas that need to be used. LOL!!!

I was hungry for beef stew so made a batch of it yesterday. Yum!!!