Respected Contributor

whats cooking in your home this june?

[ Edited ]

good morning everyone. right now cloudy but going to get nice out.we went to marias uncles wake last night and maria had me leave early with someone else . because sittling long time i totally stiffen up and a leg has been bothering me. i figured maria would be hungry when she got home so i ordered a bacon and artichoke pizza ,french fries and mozzarella sticks. hope everyone has a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

Re: whats cooking in your home this june?

Last night I was going to make a great dinner using a recipe by Chef John on allrecipes.com. He's a down-home Louisiana chef, really good. I find myself making a lot of his recipes.  This one's called chicken tikki masala. I'll be doing this tonight instead as we had ribs made by fantastic local guys with food truck and a restaurant called Ray Ray's. These guys have their own farm raising their own pigs outside of the city here.

The chicken tikki masala will b very tasty I alreeady know as Chef John has great tasting recipes, easy and quick.

Honored Contributor

steaks on the grill tonight!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks Pooky1 for getting us going again for June. Where on earth does the time go so quickly.

I fixed fried cabbage for last night. Have not had any in quite a spell and it was good. Did not fix cornbread as my usual go with, but did have toast and as usual sliced some tomatoes. A super good and healthy meal.

Finally getting warm out here in Sou Cal - not sure I am ready for it but am sick and tired of the cold and wet weather. All the rain we had means I have another cutting out back and something I have never had to do spray to get rid of the weeds - again.. I usually spray and not again for a year - did all that about month and a half ago - am not happy. Only thing I can think of is perhaps they did not measure the weed killer correctly plus we have never had so much rain for so long.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

my cooking should be alot easier as I just got my new set of Curtis Stone  recently from HSN---such nice stuff !!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

my cooking should be alot easier as I just got my new set of Curtis Stone  recently from HSN---such nice stuff !!!

@wagirl   Let us know how they work out.  I watch his shows, but have only bought a pot for DD, so far.

Respected Contributor

Made a beef roast with potatoes,carrots,and onions.Had a couple of thunder storms today.Have a good night.

Respected Contributor

Not much.   If I can't get it from Trader Joe's and heat it up, it's a sandwich or salad for us.   I just can't get motivated to cook.   If they ever finish laying the flagstone on our patio and we can get a grill, then I'll start doing some cooking.   It was supposed to be finished last October.   GGGRRRR.

Honored Contributor

I'm still on vacation LOL

Schwan pulled pork sandwiches for us. LOL

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl----I can already tell you that this brand is really a good one. I have 2 fry pans and the big 14" dura pan from CS for about 3 years now and they are still as non stick as ever---Didn't expect these new ones to be any different. Use them every day, a few times a day---love them !!! And the best part is , since these pans have loop handles and not stick type, they all stack neatly so I have more space. Bonus !!!!