Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. its getting close to the fall season and its my favorate season. love the cool crisp air and fall flavors. its 56 right now and should be in the 70s and sunny today. we ate down stairs mil made pasta, meatballs, mashed potatoes,roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes, string bean and potato salad, regular salad, anise fennel salad,chicken cutlets,chicken salad,brocoli, and not sure what else. hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.

Honored Contributor

Re: whats cooking in september?

I just got out my fall cook books and started looking at recipes and planning menus. Today I am going to work on a large grocery list and will go shopping this week for the pantry items I will be needing. 

Honored Contributor

Meatloaf and twice baked potatoes are on our menu for today, with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the interruption to this thread but I am thinking @Pooky1 , Maria or Anna may be able to help this poster with her request on the Recipe Forum

Italian Meatballs

We are having a famiy reunion in a couple of weeks. And we are having a meatballs cook off. i always make turkey meatballs for my husband and myself. I need a good italian meatball recipe. And a sauce recipe. In my  husbands family it's called gravy. Thanks

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

vabreeze. i can tell you what ingredients goes in meatballs and sauce but i cant give you measurements of ingredients because anna and i just season by just know how much im putting in. there is no recipe. and yes maria is italian but i allways make sauce.and my mom would allways say shes making a gravy but i say sauce. so if you want to know what ingredients just let me know and i will tell you.

Super Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

good morning everyone. its getting close to the fall season and its my favorate season. love the cool crisp air and fall flavors. its 56 right now and should be in the 70s and sunny today. we ate down stairs mil made pasta, meatballs, mashed potatoes,roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes, string bean and potato salad, regular salad, anise fennel salad,chicken cutlets,chicken salad,brocoli, and not sure what else. hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.

@Pooky1I simply don't know what you do with all the food. What your MIL made for one meal, I would feed my family for a week. She must really love to cook.

Tonight I have made Baked Ziti and a tossed salad . It is a little bit chilly today. Only a short time till we get out fall/winter cooking.

Respected Contributor

keybra.i know its alot of and we tell her all the time stop cooking all that . but she does have alot of leftovers and she really wont cook to much all week and eats leftovers. we eat down stairs only on weekends and today she put leftovers on table plus she made a big pan of stuffed shells and fresh tomato salad from garden and swiss chard and fresh tomatos cooked together. i found what you wrote funny about all the food. when i first started coming to her moms house like 22 years ago i was allso surprized at a full table of food.

Respected Contributor

I was still in August so I will now move here LOL.Will have hamburgers on the grill with french fries and three bean salad today.Have a great week-end everyone!!

Respected Contributor

Thanks much Pooky1 - you are moving pretty darn fast and that is good. Is is so miserable here in Sou Cal where  I live - air so thick you cannot breathe and about 103 - may be hotter I am not sure but it sure is miserable. 

Tonight will be a sandwich with some fried White Squash I cooked last night - sure like that stuff. NO using a stove today.

Hope all had a great day and thanks again  Pooky1

Trusted Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

vabreeze. i can tell you what ingredients goes in meatballs and sauce but i cant give you measurements of ingredients because anna and i just season by just know how much im putting in. there is no recipe. and yes maria is italian but i allways make sauce.and my mom would allways say shes making a gravy but i say sauce. so if you want to know what ingredients just let me know and i will tell you.

Thanks for responding @Pooky1 .  But I wasn't seeking tips for making great meatballs for me but just thought your input could help the poster who was asking for help.  Since reading her post, she has gotten additional replies so I'm sure she will make the best meatballs at her family reunion contest!