Honored Contributor

Re: whats cooking in september?

All the farmers are harvesting now so fresh veges are abundant. I just bought green peppers to stuff, tomatoes for my tomato salad, corn I removed from the cob and saved for the holidays. I love this time of the year when fresh veges and fruit are soooo bountiful!

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

@Pooky1 It sure makes sense to cook once for the week. If I ate alone during the week I 

would do th same. Sounds like no dishes or anything all week. I could live with that.

it is kind of a rainy day today. No cookout so I think I will make Chicken Pot Pie with a chocolate cake for back to school.

Super Contributor

So today is my first day of getting on the school schedule. Making a huge breakfast with pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage and home fries and left over chocolate cake for desert.

(LOL they  are going to love desert .We never have it for breakfast.) Getting every thing ready for school tomorrow , going out for an early dinner and then tomorrow it starts!

Respected Contributor

The weather experts tell us today will be yet another day of misery with high heat and lots of humidity. I chuckle a bit as when I moved to Sou Cal in the early 60s, you NEVER heard a weather person mention the word humidity out here. Times have changed. It took them several years after humidity came running in to talk about it but they sure do now. It is somewhat like Palm Springs you never use to see an outside thermometer. Do not know if they finally have them anywhere but you NEVER saw one for years. I worked there a lot of years and it was kind of funny to me. Yep, it is hot in Palm Springs and sadly enough even there humidity is hovering around. Sad how the weather has changed from just plain hot to misery heat.

I ate another white squash sandwich last night with a yummy fresh peach. Tonight I have no clue as I have enough squash left for another sandwich but do not believe I want another dinner of it right now. LOL

Hope all have a great day.

Super Contributor

Went out for early dinner. I we all had the same thing Chicken Fried Chicken, fresh zucchini, peas, fries. The kids are now bathed and in bed .

Respected Contributor

We went out to dinner to a Mexican restaurant.Had all kinds of food to eat,tacos,enchiladas,tamales,nachos,rice and refried beans.YUM.Took a lot home also.

Super Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

We went out to dinner to a Mexican restaurant.Had all kinds of food to eat,tacos,enchiladas,tamales,nachos,rice and refried beans.YUM.Took a lot home also.

@hellie jo     I love Mexican food but the only one that is around here is one that Gordon Ramsey  came to town and got rid of rats, cockroaches, moldy food , a kitchen that was FILTHY. I never went their in the first place but after he came would never darken their door. What we saw on tv made us gag.

Super Contributor

@hellie jo     I am so sorry for writing that about the restaurant. Can I be any more insensitive? You and your DH had a great meal  and I wish it had been me. Please forgive me !

Respected Contributor

@Keybra  No problem.I know some restaurants are not that clean unfortunately.Have a good night!

Esteemed Contributor

It's still hot and humid in my area, so I'm still not cooking much, although I made some taco soup in the crock pot last weekend. My favorite is still sliced fresh tomatoes and mayo on toasted white bread. If I have some bacon and lettuce, that's a good thing. If I don't, then just tomatoes and mayo is fine with DH and me! I'm not a gourmet cook! I'll get some fresh sweet corn this week and more fresh tomatoes...maybe grill some brats. I'd just like some cooler weather.