Respected Contributor

good morning everyone.  just came on and im surprized there was no july started. i hope everyone is ok. its been very hot and humid down. here. garden is doing very well this year . i think due to  the hot weather this year. i read to get rid of weeds in the garden fill a spray bottle of white vinagar and a little dish soap and spray weeds. be careful not to get it on plants. my mil did it when i told her about it and a couple hours after she did it. you can see that crab grass coming  up in ganden are dying.maria made in slow cooker a breakfast meal for dinner. red peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, spinich was supossed to go in it to but i forgot to buy it. and beaten up eggs. and marinated pork and tomato salad. both good.hope everyone is doing well and eats well.

Respected Contributor

I think we will be having the last of the Rana Lobster Ravioli that I got from Costco.  I froze one half of one of the packages.  I make a simple lemon butter sauce to put on it.  

Probably a tossed lettuce salad to go with.  It is really hot and humid here in Central Illinois. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Oh my  goodness - is this the July 2020 thread? Did I miss the time already gone. 

Well guess I will say howdy to everyone and keep looking to make sure this is the right thread - for sure I will be back tomorrow - where is everyone else?

Trusted Contributor

So relieved to see a post from @Winifred!  I was concerned that she may have been ill.

Respected Contributor

Today I will be making a chicken dinner in my slow cooker. I use chicken thighs and potatoes,carrots,onions,and throw in some cream of chicken soup and cream of celery soup. Four hours later,I have a good meal.

A good week-end to all.

Respected Contributor

It is a beautiful day here in Central Illinois.  Had a storm last night, but no damage, and lots of rain which we really needed.  We decided to make the trip to our favorite local farm to get some veggies.

Tonight we are having beautiful green beans, just picked this morning, with onion and little new potatoes.  I add some chopped turkey bacon and cook it all in beef broth.  Love this so much.  

I also got some tomatoes and zucchini.  

Respected Contributor

As a child I remember having fresh green beans or kale cooked with new potatoes in a pot. Bacon grease for flavoring. So now I never use bacon grease, and still eat all the veggies but not cooked together. Ah me, times have changed.

Just had my cinnamon bagel with raisins and cream cheese spread over it for breakfast. Water is on the lilac bushes and then will perhaps collapse. Temps suppose to be at 107 today - going to be miserable. It was horrible yesterday and temps were not quite that high. Ugh. Every time I just walk outside I come back in soaking wet.

Not sure what food is going to be on the table. Sure wish the restaurants were open - that would be so easy but I cannot sit out in this weather and eat.  Surely I will have figured out what for dinner in the next 5 or 6 or 7 hours. LOL

Have a great day everyone

Honored Contributor

Our Sunday dinner was stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes and corn.   Everyone seemed to enjoy the peppers.  

Dessert was a warm brownie, with marshmallows and peanut butter chips added to the batter.   Sure made my taste buds happy!

Respected Contributor

Mr 4kitties got out our margarita machine this afternoon and made frozen margaritas.  We also snacked on chips with guacamole and some Mateo's salsa.  I rarely drink, but his margaritas are sooo good!

We really were not very hungry so we just had some pasta salad that I had made for lunch.  

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. winifred. we have both of those things in the garden plus alot of other things. maria had got an edible arrangment and it had alot or kale in it so anna cooked it and she never had kale before and she liked it so she planted some kale this year and regular string beans and italian flat green beans. very hot and humid up here. wednesday and thursday there should be no humidity and temps only in the 70s. our 1200 btu ac died last thursday so we went to lowes to get a new ac and 500 bucks later we have a new ge air conditioner. i never would buy anything by ge before but since anna bought a ge washer last year and i really love it i got a ge ac. ria made for dinner beef stroganoff baked potatoes. she cooked ground hamberger mushrooms, and green squash and that mixture went over the potatoes i baked. i scrub potatoes then pour olive oil salt and pepper and baked them in microwave oven. they were very good. hope everyone has a great week.