Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. and happy august. still very hot out there. our humidity has dropped way down . so that makes it a little easyer to deal with. the last couple of days has just been eating leftovers. today we will eat downstairs with my mil. hope everyone has a great weekend.

Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking in august?

As little as possible !!!

Honored Contributor

Summer is passing so quickly! West Virginia summers are very short anyway, so I try to enjoy every day of sun and warmth.

I am doing very little cooking for the 2 of us. I save bigger meals for when our girls are here, but we are satisfied with BLTs, tuna salad sandwiches, or last nights homemade pizza.
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! Weather here in SE Wisconsin a little cooler but still some humidity. We live near Lake Michigan. DH is a fisherman & will do a fish fry tomorrow. I'll add coleslaw & corn. Apple pie & ice cream for dessert. Tonite making oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes & peas & carrots. Pudding with shortbread cookies for dessert. Looking forward to cooler weather cooking. Have a wonderful & healthy, safe week ahead!
Respected Contributor

Hello there!.Made a beef stew with dumplings tonight. 

The weather has been pleasant today. Windows open and will not need the air on tonight.Ilive in SW Michigan.

Have a wonderful week-end all.

Honored Contributor

I am SO ready for a GIANT pot of green beans!!!

Respected Contributor

Super Hot and we have a large fire near us - Oak Glen Road in Cherry VAlley. Way too close to suit me. 4100 acres so far and nothing contained yet - that is spooky for sure.  Temps are suppose to drop a few degrees - I will take that. Been horrible past few days.

Did fix an easy dinner - the mixed veggies with orange chicken - that has become a staple and very easy to fix. I have had to go for easy work these days. - what can I say?

Thanks Pooky1 for getting us started again.

Respected Contributor

welcome mammavic. its nice to see new people on this thread. i one time years ago made a mistake and thought the loccness monster  was in lake michigan. my wife mentions that every so often.

Respected Contributor

Hi pooky1! That is so funny! We get coho salmon, Chinook salmon, lake trout, brown trout. So we try to eat fish often but fish fry not as often. Make it on the grill or bake in oven during colder months. I love to read this thread & get ideas, "meeting" new friends along the way! Have a nice day & enjoy the "eats"!!
Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone  humid and in the 90s today. maria cooked steak fried rice. it was very good.one thing that went into it was 2 bags of broccoli slaw mix and she used shaved steak. today i made strawberry rhubarb crunch and strawberry rhubarb jam. i tasted both and they both came out very good. a lot of dirty dishes but it was worth it. and i dont mind loading dishwasher and cleaning up. hope everyone has a great week and all of you eat well.