Respected Contributor

whats cooking for the month of febuary?

good evening everyone. its nice down here in the 40s and we have no  snow in our forcast for the next 10 days. works for us. maria started watching 2 new kids here in her home daycare last monday. shes been doing it for years but the last kid she had has been in school for 3 years so she had him on school vacations and if they needed he to get him off the bus or get him out of school if he was sick so now its only on school vacations so now she has a 3 year old girl and a 4 month old boy. monday thru friday. i cooked meals last week but she likes to cook so she made a hugh pan of chicken and rice soup and beef and peppers that will go in a wrap with cheddar cheese and french frys. both should be very good.hope everyone has a great week.

Honored Contributor

Re: whats cooking for the month of febuary?

After a week more because of dental surgery, I'll be making tomato based dishes!  Right now, nothing with seeds, crust, or anything like that.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Hope you're healing well from your dental surgery!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

After a week more because of dental surgery, I'll be making tomato based dishes!  Right now, nothing with seeds, crust, or anything like that.

@ECBG    I'm in the same boat...been eating poached fish...and yogurt

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG    I'm in the same boat...been eating poached fish...and yogert.

@Desertdi It's a week for me tomorrow.   I've had salmon, steamed broccoli with cheese, green peas, the inside of a baked potato with sour cream, Drunk Chicken (I posted the recipe), apple sauce, and frozen French green beans . Two days ago, graduated to stew beef, carrots, and onions in the crock pot, and grilled chicken with oil, a little vinegar, and poultry seasoning.

The warm salt water rinces are key.  I was in SO much pain day 2 and 3, I took half a hydrocodine several times a day.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ECBG 

Hope you're healing well from your dental surgery!

@KingstonsMom Thank you my dear.  Day 2 and 3 were something else, let me tell you!  I haven't a clue why.  The first one (which failed) last spring seemed easier!  I'm eating on the other side, but miss tomato dishes (seeds).  I don't have a lot of recipies with just tomato sauce and we just finished the noodle bake, so I'm not ready for that again.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Pooky1 

Right now my yard cat Babalou is helping me fend off the squirrel who wants to make a home inside my garage. We call her Cherese.

We'll be on guard duty just below the squirrel-hole corner of the garage until dusk slips over into night time.

When I go in, I'm making thin sliced kohlrabi, together with an equal amount of rough chopped sweet onion, all panfried together.

While that's on the stove browning, I'll have sweet Italian sausage links and whole carrots grilling in the NuWave oven.

Sweet Italian sausage sliced into Aldi stewed tomatoes is my newest favorite little appetizer.

I warm a little dish of it in the microwave, and spoon a little more onto my toasted Bays English Muffin before each bite.

Later, a grilled Bartlett pear topped with plain yogurt and warmed ginger preserves, hot tea.

Bon appétit!

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much Pooky1 for getting this thread going. It is much appreciated.

We have had two beautiful days - yesterday it was 83, WOW!! Today not quite as warm but super nice!  The experts say that tonight will usher in temps tomorrow 20 to 25 degrees cooler than we have had -  oh me, not good. Also suppose to rain tonight.

Had some glazed chicken breasts and mixed veggies last night and tonight - a bit more left for lunch tomorrow.

Am very tired of sneezing and all that goes with it. Sigh. Think I will call it a day! HOpe all had a super day!

Respected Contributor

Super windy yesterday and today super cold!! Oh my, where did our heavenly weather go?

Went out today at the Women's Club for lunch - no need for dinner at all. It was so delicious. Been 20 plus years since I have been there - use to go all the time.

Gotta brag - FINALLY - my great grandson David IS FINALLY GRADUATING TOMORROW. It has been a rough road but he did this himself. Now to pray we can change his attitude a bit more.

Hope all had a great day!

Honored Contributor

I airfried 2 game hens last night for the first time---they were a little dry so will cut down on the cooking time--still getting used to my new airfryer but the birds looked great!!!