Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking at your house this may?

good evening all. this week has been different. my wifes uncle has been sick with cancer and since sunday afternoon we got alot worse so maria was there with her mom there more than lately so i said dont worry about here i can deal with everything so i cooked chicken fahitas and rice and porks with blackberry sauce  carrots and mashed potatoes and one day i dusted vacuumed and washed the floor and tuesday even though i cooked we ordered chinese food for us and anna . marias uncle witch is annas brother past away tuesday and we all went to see how his wife was handling everything and anna went there today to. wake is tomorrow night and funeral is satauday. hope everyone has a great night.

Respected Contributor

Pooky1, am so sorry to hear about the sadness in the family. It is always so very difficult to lose our loved ones. 

Am so very tired tonight - just not feeling the best in the world but it could be a lot worse.

After freezing for so long, it sure got sticky warm tonight. Yikes, not sure I am ready for this.

No cooking tonight as I had a HUGE avocado sandwich and sliced tomatoes for dinner.

Good night and sleep well.

Trusted Contributor

@hellie jo 

I don’t remember seeing round steak at the butcher but, I know they have rump roast  which I think is from some part of the “round” so, I am sure they could cut some for me.  

Thank you for the compliment; I usually make good meals when I cook but, I don’t really cook that often. It’s exhausting!    Today,  I had a cheese sandwich

and pickles for a late lunch and then tea, fig newtons and a few strawberries

in the evening- not exactly healthy or satisfying.  There is just something about

a balanced meal that makes you feel better, both physically and emotionally.  

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

good evening all. this week has been different. my wifes uncle has been sick with cancer and since sunday afternoon we got alot worse so maria was there with her mom there more than lately so i said dont worry about here i can deal with everything so i cooked chicken fahitas and rice and porks with blackberry sauce  carrots and mashed potatoes and one day i dusted vacuumed and washed the floor and tuesday even though i cooked we ordered chinese food for us and anna . marias uncle witch is annas brother past away tuesday and we all went to see how his wife was handling everything and anna went there today to. wake is tomorrow night and funeral is satauday. hope everyone has a great night.

@Pooky1 and Maria.....what  a rough year you and Anna are having. How very difficult it must be to outliving every one you care about. It must be a great comfort to her to have you and Maria right upstairs. 

You are all in my thoughts and I wish you well.......

Trusted Contributor

The longer I wait for several cd’s and reports at the radiology, the more I think I will not be cooking tonight.
Maybe stop and pick up Mediterranean on the way or order pizza once I get home.