Honored Contributor

Re: whats cooking at your house this may?

It's only 59 degrees outside, so our meal is lasagna, breadsticks and Door County wine. My neighbor dropped of the wine and I couldn't say no. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't cooked anything since my husband passed away over 3 years ago. If I have a frozen pizza and my son is here I tell him to warm the oven and put it in.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't cooked anything since my husband passed away over 3 years ago. If I have a frozen pizza and my son is here I tell him to warm the oven and put it in. 

Respected Contributor

DH made dinner tonight.Had chicken,potatoes ,and corn on the cob,all on the grill.I will make chicken salad with the leftover chicken tomorrow.Staying home this week-end.Hope everyone has a safe pleasant week-end.

Respected Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Losing a spouse is a hugely traumatic event in our lives......we can not even begin to see the downside of how this loss will change us. 

Take it a little bit at a time and realize that your Son wants to see you happy and functioning....you don't have to make him a Prime Rib dinner but get take out and or frozen food and have a meal on the table for him. This start at "normalcy" will lead to you being able to leave the sadness behind and talk, talk, talk about him to your son ........so many good memories he would like to share with you.

Honored Contributor

meatloaf

Respected Contributor

Burgers and tater tots tonight.It"s a warm beautiful day here,yea!!

Trusted Contributor

Crustless Quiche with Gruyere, Cheddar, & Chives (my version of “Impossible Pie”) with Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes and Dressed, Seasoned Tomatoes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@trenet wrote:

Crustless Quiche with Gruyere, Cheddar, & Chives (my version of “Impossible Pie”) with Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes and Dressed, Seasoned Tomatoes.

Going to a Memorial Day Cookout today.......Homemade mac salad, potato salad, hamburgers, hot dogs, beans, etc. Saved up my carbs for the last week so I can really pig out !

Have a great weekend .......

Going to make the Crustless Quiche next week....sounds fabulous but never remember to make it !

Honored Contributor

Ribs, potato salad and baked beans for us today; leftovers tomorrow.