Honored Contributor

Re: whats cooking at your house this may?

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@hellie jo wrote:

Having pork chops with buttered noodles and tomato crisps tonight.Have a good week!

@hellie jo   What are tomato crisps, and how do you make them?  It sounds as if they are fried or baked.

@hellie jo   I found this recipe, anything like yours?

https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/crispy-parmesan-tomato-chips/

tomato chips4 (1 of 1)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl  hello.Tomato crisps are actually green tomatoes pickled.My daughter makes them.It started out as something to do with green tomatoes left at the end of the season.She got the recipe from a cookbook written by the Ladies Aid in her small town.Added...the recipe you found sounds good,may try them myself.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@mousiegirl  hello.Tomato crisps are actually green tomatoes pickled.My daughter makes them.It started out as something to do with green tomatoes left at the end of the season.She got the recipe from a cookbook written by the Ladies Aid in her small town.Added...the recipe you found sounds good,may try them myself.

@hellie jo   Oh, green tomato pickles, sounds good. Smiley Happy  Yes, I am going to try the recipe I posted, one day.

Honored Contributor

Trucker daughter is home, and has requested burritos tonight.   I’m all for something quick and easy after a day of getting the house back in order after 10 days of craziness.  

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. yestauday maria cooked small shell macaroni with hamberger made with taco seasoning and salsa and not sure what else but it mas very yummy and today was leftover chicken salad potato chips and anna sent up some baccala with potatos and sauce. incase anyone isnt sure what baccala is . its salted cod fish. it was allso very good   that only i eat that.  maria doesnt eat much fish except fryed fish and chips..hope everyone has a great night.

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I had lamb chops .....they were about 2" thick and I had to have two.  They were so incredibly delicious with baked potato and spinach casserole .......I'm with Maria......give me the fish and chips from a store that sells them in RI......my favorite food in the world !

Did you see the Assante Brothers on 600 lb weight loss @Pooky1 .....they are from RI and have a small hobby shop I believe in Cranston ?

Respected Contributor

Last night cleaned out the leftovers - did not toss them, ATE them. So much for that. 

Very cold yesterday - rain, sleet, winds, thunder and lightning. Wonder when  Springtime is going to arrive? Froze all day long.

What to eat today? - may fix some orange chicken and veggies as a go with - love that combo and easy to fix.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Danky   I remember eating lamb chops as a child, can still see it in my mind, and when DD was around three, she was gnawing on a bone and said, "yummy bone." LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking at your house this may

good afternoon everyone. beautiful weather we have  today. 70s sunny and windy but i like it windy. yestauday we had leftovers and i made chicken nuggets and french frys last as we both felt like real food. and today i had a 9 oclock doctors appointment and do to ms issues im not driving right now so maria is our driver meaning anna and i.after doctor we went to price rite and then stop and shop and ria text me from car to tell me burger king sounds good for lunch. and yes maria stayed in car. she hates grocery shopping and i love it. so we got that on our way home.  hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Respected Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Last night cleaned out the leftovers - did not toss them, ATE them. So much for that. 

Very cold yesterday - rain, sleet, winds, thunder and lightning. Wonder when  Springtime is going to arrive? Froze all day long.

What to eat today? - may fix some orange chicken and veggies as a go with - love that combo and easy to fix.

Have a great day everyone.

@Winifred,You need to head on back to Raleigh. It was 95 degrees today. That would warm you upWoman Happy.