Respected Contributor

Re: whats cooking at your house this may?

Did the pot roast with sweet onions, baby carrots and bell peppers and also had mashed potatoes. It was super yummy!!

Raining and very cold this morning - go figure. Not ready for this stuff again and had someone coming to cut the grass and work on the lawn today - so much for that. Just cannot plain much these days - or do it right. Will need church in a couple hours for an attitude adjustment. LOL.

Have a ton of food left over so will have some again for dinner - may also toss in some watermelon - a good go with.

Have a great day one and all.

Honored Contributor

After a week of cooking whatever my husband was in the mood for, I needed a plate of cooked food today.   Defrosted a turkey breast in water this morning, cooked it along with mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, cranberry sauce and rolls.   And for the first time in a week, my belly is full, and satisfied.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I grilled these last night, Rastelli's Black Angus Blended Meat Burgers, with some steakhouse seasoning and cheese on top, so delicious!  I don't use any condiments so I can tell what a difference in flavor, but DH loads his bun with catsup and mayo, so everything tastes the same with the same condiments.  My pups love them also, always give them some bits of mine, not nearly what they want, lol.

Saturday night, I made chicken and zucchini enchiladas using char grilled corn and wheat tortillas, do this on the gas flame, with lots of cheese on top, very good.  Lots leftover for this week.

Respected Contributor

Making nacho"s tonight with ground beef.Have wanted some for a week LOL.Have a pleasant day.

Trusted Contributor

Chili and cornbread.  

I started making the chili Saturday and stopped when 

I cut my thumb (cutting bell pepper) so, I finished it

today. (Making the chili, not cutting my thumb!)  

Honored Contributor

Turkey pot pie and a tossed green salad was our supper tonight.   

Respected Contributor

Having pork chops with buttered noodles and tomato crisps tonight.Have a good week!

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

Having pork chops with buttered noodles and tomato crisps tonight.Have a good week!

@hellie jo   What are tomato crisps, and how do you make them?  It sounds as if they are fried or baked.

Trusted Contributor

I ate too much chili last night Smiley Frustrated

so, just fixing some scrambled eggs and toast. 

Respected Contributor

I made spaghetti in the Instant Pot...and will be eating it the next few days!  Turned out great...went for a walk after dinner to burn a few calories!