Honored Contributor

Re: whats cooking at your house this may?

Tonight will be char rib eyes, baked potatoes, I only eat the skins, and either salad or the tomato chips recipe I posed this week.  Tomorrow will be ribs in the smoker with no chips, just rub and sauce, and corn on the cob.  When I eat ribs, I don't want anything else so I have room to pig put, lol, so I may cook my corn the next day for lunch.

DH will be home on Monday, so I get two gardening days of him helping with the heavy duties, also he may get going on a raised box for the pole beans, too much gopher/mole activity to plant them in the ground this year, so will have wire on the bottom before filling with soil.

Respected Contributor

Steak,corn on the cob, and salad today.Feel so blessed to have all this good food to eat.

Respected Contributor

mousie girl. my inlaws have been planting a big garden for 40 years with no animals bothing it. last year in july groundhog started eatting alot of it but this year we bought plants and before we even planted all of them they started eatting them. we went to my bothers house yestauday and they cooked on the grill everything was really good.  anna made today pasta, meatballs. sausage peppers and mushrooms, fresh italian bread,fried artichokes,salad, watermellon and chocolate. hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Trusted Contributor

Cool today - only 62 so, good day to have oven on.

Oven version of Stracotto (sort of Italian Pot Roast).  

Husband doing the heavy work of browning the roast and putting the Le Creuset Dutch Oven in the oven.   He is also going to make mashed  potatoes. Roasted carrots and sautéed mushrooms will round out meal.  I have a very nice 2005 Marchesi di Barolo Cannubi Barolo to accompany. 

Respected Contributor

Making swiss steak with some rice tonight.I have a tomato plant and some herbs growing on our deck.Works for the 2 of us.Enjoy your week.

Honored Contributor

Beef roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and slaw for our supper tonight.   

Respected Contributor

I made up some chicken thighs....baked in a 425* oven with salt , pepper and garlic. Had zucchini with peppers , onions , tomato sauce and cheese .

Trusted Contributor

Afternoon tea was Mariages Freres au Thibet and a couple of raspberry chocolate macarons - I stopped at the bakery on my way home from dr. appointment. 

Leftover Stracotto and mashed potatoes when my husband gets home.  I was going to stop at market for more carrots but, too tired so the bakery took priority! 

@hellie jo  What cut of beef steak do you use for your Swiss Steak?  (I loved Swiss steak as a child, I think it cooked quite a long time but, maybe I was just impatient waiting for a favourite!)

Respected Contributor

@trenet   I use tenderized round steak.Sometimes I use ground round also.I usually make cucumber salad with it also.Your meals always sound so good.

Respected Contributor

Left overs from yesterday - hot dogs, corn on the cob, macaroni salad, chips and strawberries. Super good - nothing left now! Also had a tad of collards left from a couple days ago - finished that up also.

Hope all had a great day.