Honored Contributor

Re: what is with the phrase "big game"?

Make no mistake my friends, when you see your cable bill go up you can thank our sports teams both college and professional.

We are paying for those wonderful and rich contracts they are signing both personal for individual athlete's and league-wide.  Someone has to pay for it and it and it is us.

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Make no mistake my friends, when you see your cable bill go up you can thank our sports teams both college and professional.

We are paying for those wonderful and rich contracts they are signing both personal for individual athlete's and league-wide.  Someone has to pay for it and it and it is us.

Sorry but there are tons of reasons why cable or other provider bills increase. Sports teams are only a small part of the overall picture.  

Honored Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Sorry but there are tons of reasons why cable or other provider bills increase. Sports teams are only a small part of the overall picture.  

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have an idea...lets get together and trademark the term"big game" just to see what other names they come up with!?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I have an idea...lets get together and trademark the term"big game" just to see what other names they come up with!?

In order to gain registration for any trademark, the trademark must be in use for the goods or services the applicant lists in the trademark application.  There is no registration without use.

If someone wanted to register the trademark BIG GAME for "ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES IN THE NATURE OF FOOTBALL EXHIBITIONS" (which is how the services are described in the trademark registration owned by the NFL for the trademark THE SUPER BOWL), then someone who wanted to register BIG GAME for the same thing would not be able to get a registration until they actually USED the term for those exact services.

An application for BIG GAME would likely not get the mark.  The NFL already tried and abandoned its application.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

In order to gain registration for any trademark, the trademark must be in use for the goods or services the applicant lists in the trademark application.  There is no registration without use.

If someone wanted to register the trademark BIG GAME for "ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES IN THE NATURE OF FOOTBALL EXHIBITIONS" (which is how the services are described in the trademark registration owned by the NFL for the trademark THE SUPER BOWL), then someone who wanted to register BIG GAME for the same thing would not be able to get a registration until they actually USED the term for those exact services.

An application for BIG GAME would likely not get the mark.  The NFL already tried and abandoned its application.

yeah...wel......l Of course you know I was joking...