Regular Contributor

Re: what happened to "in the kitchen"?

@homedecor1 - I saw that yesterday and had a good laugh. I’ve noticed that Mary’s show has a more fun and silly vibe to it tha. David’s does.

You may/may not have seen it the other day(Friday I believe), but Rachael Ray was on with David. She started screaming BACON when they were talking about her baking sheets. Then, when David told her Isaac Mizrahi bought one, she started repeatedly squealing. I couldn’t believe what I was watching! I’d never seen her act like that before! I couldn’t even laugh bc I was just stunned. 😳😳
Regular Contributor

@homedecor1 - I saw that yesterday and had a good laugh. I’ve noticed that Mary’s show has a more fun and silly vibe to it than David’s does.

You may/may not have seen it the other day(Friday I believe), but Rachael Ray was on with David. She started screaming BACON when they were talking about her baking sheets. Then, when David told her Isaac Mizrahi bought one, she started repeatedly squealing. I couldn’t believe what I was watching! I’d never seen her act like that before! I couldn’t even laugh bc I was just stunned. 😳😳
Honored Contributor

@Bandwife23 

No I didn't see RR on Friday.  

I know she is always excited about her stuff & more...

The pieces I've bought from her line are very nice.

Honored Contributor

@Reever 

for once I agree...he's becoming "ridiculous"!  or I've just outgrown the many years of enjoyable buying & watching of Q.

I haven't watched HSN since Curtis was on earlier this year.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder myself why I tune in🙃🤔

Trusted Contributor

So sick of the vacuums, air conditioners, too.   Today was the worst!  I am sick of the Vitamix blender, too!

Honored Contributor

Mark Charles is okay and adds some fun to the shows.  I don't know how he is on Mary's kitchen show as I no longer watch it.  I really like some of the items from Mark Charles that I purchased through the years.

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh   I also like Mark Charles and enjoy the back and forth banter.  He is lighthearted and has a good personality.  

He does get all the information in about whatever product he is presenting and does very good demos on how the product works and different applications for it--like the Mikasa basket or the kitchen cart.

Respected Contributor

I like Mark Charles too.  I remember when his cookbook was aired for the first time and sold out. 

I thought he was very genuine and I would rather watch him and his silly antics then some of the other hosts who talk about themselves instead of telling me about the items being displayed.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

my guess as to what happened is . . .
david's sunday show has the most viewers and buyers, then any other show on the channel

and since sales are down, someone (or a group of someone's) decided to throw almost anything into the show, to see what sticks

perhaps if more people change the channel when the out of order product is on air and they get the metrics from the cable and satellite companies that tell them that viewership drops dramatically when an out of order product is on, they will at least slow it down.

sadly, i don't think they will stop doing this, because they know better what "we" want to see in a kitchen show, then we do (NOT).

it's a shame, but it's their network and they can do as they please.

however, that doesn't mean that people will continue to stick around and watch and buy. Just like a brick and mortar store. even if you love store "A", but they don't have what you want or the sales people are rude to you, i suspect that most will go to store "B" to buy what they want. and stay away from store "A".

i will say that between this stunt of adding so many non kitchen items and all of the talking over vendors on some other shows on the channel, that i rarely watch at all. the good thing is that my retirement account is growing much faster. and at the end of the day, that is far more important to me then pots and pans. so, i guess i should thank them for doing things that forced me to stop watching and buying like i use to.

Regular Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

my guess as to what happened is . . .
david's sunday show has the most viewers and buyers, then any other show on the channel

and since sales are down, someone (or a group of someone's) decided to throw almost anything into the show, to see what sticks

perhaps if more people change the channel when the out of order product is on air and they get the metrics from the cable and satellite companies that tell them that viewership drops dramatically when an out of order product is on, they will at least slow it down.

sadly, i don't think they will stop doing this, because they know better what "we" want to see in a kitchen show, then we do (NOT).

it's a shame, but it's their network and they can do as they please.

however, that doesn't mean that people will continue to stick around and watch and buy. Just like a brick and mortar store. even if you love store "A", but they don't have what you want or the sales people are rude to you, i suspect that most will go to store "B" to buy what they want. and stay away from store "A".

i will say that between this stunt of adding so many non kitchen items and all of the talking over vendors on some other shows on the channel, that i rarely watch at all. the good thing is that my retirement account is growing much faster. and at the end of the day, that is far more important to me then pots and pans. so, i guess i should thank them for doing things that forced me to stop watching and buying like i use to.

Absolutely agree with you @iwrite.

Well said.