Honored Contributor

used my airfryer for the first time

I bought the Instant Vortex brand, 6 qt a/f from Macys on Black Friday--got it for $49 Smiley Very Happy during a flash sale--no bells or whistles just the main buttons ---so had to research recipes for it as none came with it--- So bought a nice, big, thick, new york strip steak to try--and OMG---how wonderful!!! Also did sweet spuds fries too. My family was very happy at how great everything turned out. Very flavorful and juicey---have been holding back on an airfryer since it came out---now I need a good cookbook. Next is a 2 lb turkey breast------and then maybe some baking---

Respected Contributor

Re: used my airfryer for the first time

@wagirl  Have fun my dear, you have just begun!  

Honored Contributor

They do a great job on breaded fish and chicken patties. I've never tried cooking an actual steak because we do those on the grill.

Esteemed Contributor

You got a real deal......I just checked 3 websites and looks like $99 is the going price.  $49  ??

Honored Contributor

I have a multi function Cusinart air fyer, broiler and toaster, I use it at least 3 times a week

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I bought the Instant Vortex brand, 6 qt a/f from Macys on Black Friday--got it for $49 Smiley Very Happy during a flash sale--no bells or whistles just the main buttons ---so had to research recipes for it as none came with it--- So bought a nice, big, thick, new york strip steak to try--and OMG---how wonderful!!! Also did sweet spuds fries too. My family was very happy at how great everything turned out. Very flavorful and juicey---have been holding back on an airfryer since it came out---now I need a good cookbook. Next is a 2 lb turkey breast------and then maybe some baking---

go to utube, dozens of recipes and videos on there. I like Mz Brazell, she's cute, loves her foods and very demontrative , she's made me buy lots of items from Amazon, and I've loved all of them. I also have the x QVC Lady Blue Jean Chef , who has a book "Air Fry Genius, , it's a good book.

Respected Contributor

I thought the air fryer was going to another wasted appliance just sitting there unsued.  But I love that thing.  I use it quite often.  I cook bacon in it for BLT's, and it's great for warming up leftover pizza.  It's great for all that stuff we're not supposed to eat... french fries, tater tots, breaded shrimp, chicken nuggets, etc.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

it's fun isn't it

just google for recipes there are many 

https://kalynskitchen.com/?s=air+fryer .  

recommend this site 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl 

Glad you like your air fryer. I have made a boneless & bone in turkey breast in the air fryer. DH had to cut some of the bone from the bone in so it would fit in the air fryer. They both turned out really good. Meredith Laurence aka Blue Jean Chef has a few recipes on her site for air fried turkey breasts. I know the one mentions using a boneless turkey breast with cooking time & temp. I used it as a guideline to cooking them.

You don't need to buy an air fryer cookbook. All the info or recipes for your air fryer you want are online.

Air Fryer Turkey Breast.JPG

If you want to try some baking you could try this recipe for fried pans I found online at Kelly's Kitchen but have never tried.

What a surprise these little guys turned out to be! Tender flaky crust. Yummy goodness on the inside. Wow! Now I’m gonna have to try every flavor of pie filling I can find!

Refrigerated pie crust

Canned pie filling (any flavor: cherry, apple, lemon, etc)

Egg, beaten

Let crust come to room temperature and then using a small plate as a guide or bowl about 4 inches in diameter cut out circles.

Place about a 1/4 to a 1/3 of a cup of pie filling on half of the pie crust circle. Fold crust in half over the pie filling and seal edges with a fork.

Place pies (as many as you can without overlapping) in air fryer and brush with beaten egg (egg wash).

Set temperature to 370° and set timer to 14 minutes. Turn pies halfway through cook time. Be sure to keep an eye on the pies so they don’t over brown.

Fried Pies air fryer.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl Good on ya!  I'm thinking of getting one, but just not sure what to get.  We grill outside year 'round here in the southwest, but I'd like the other features.  Glad you had a good experience.