Honored Contributor

I bought this a few weeks ago and tried it out a few times, but I returned it yesterday, as it really doesn't do much-------It is very small, so doing french fries took nearly an hour as I could only put in about a quarter of the bag at a time. Also used too much oil as per instructions,  and it burned the edges instead of crisping them. So I decided it wasn't for me. Got it thru AMZ so took it back to Kohls for the return and within a couple hours had my $$ back. Will get an Airfryer, I think.

Honored Contributor

Re: update on Mealthy crisplid

@wagirl.  Thanks for the review.  Sounds like a loser

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wondered how well it worked or not. Since I already have 2 pressure cookers & 3 air fryers I can do the same thing with those so don't think I need the crisplid. Thx for your review.

If you want an air fryer Wal-Mart still has the Faberware 3.2 qt digital air fryer for $39 for the black & $35 for the white.

That's the best price I have seen for a 3.2 size. I bought one for my MIL. While she's 89 she still uses it & likes it. I think her daughter uses more since she's always over there.

Super Contributor

Kachina624, I heartily disagree. The Mealthy CrispLid is not a loser. I have one and love it. However, I don't cook for a huge family. If I did perhaps I would find its smaller size a disadvantage. Most air fryers are quite large and I simply have no room for one. The Mealthy CrispLid meets my needs very well. As Urvashi Pitre notes on her wonderful website (and cookbook), any air fryer recipe can be used with the CrispLid though you might need to flip the food being air-fried half way through. Will it cook a huge amount of food at one time? No, but if that is what you need and have the counter space for it, an air fryer would be a better choice. 

Super Contributor

Still loving my Mealthy CrispLid. Used it last night on Barbara Schieving's (Pressure Cooking Today) recipe for Beefaroni. Recipe calls for transferring the pressure-cooked pasta into an oven-safe dish and browning the cheeses on top in the oven. Instead, I used my Mealthy CrispLid to brown the cheese in the Instant Pot. Great result and I saved having to wash an extra dish.