Honored Contributor

the new jade color in fiestaware

Has anyone ordered this color? I'm not crazy about the color so probably won't get any. I usually spend $100 this time of year on the new colors,  as a-- to me from me--- b-day present--but  think I will pass this year. It is availale to order, with shipping next month. Wonder how/who picks the new colors??  This color is kind of in the same,  meh.. range, for me, as the claret and the sage color---both are not my faves at all. Not a huge fan of the cobalt either. 

Honored Contributor

Re: the new jade color in fiestaware

I prefer light colors for tableware.  All of the green colors are too dark for my taste...no pun intended.

93D0EEF4-F6D3-4CC5-86F5-11788B0EF644.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl  I like this color in bakeware, but there are only 3 small bakeware pieces at this time.

Trusted Contributor

The sage color is nice - we just painted our laundry room cabinets that color!

Honored Contributor

I love the new color.  Of course my favorite color is green.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the new color.  I recently purchased dinner plates in the lemongrass though.  I already have the salad plates and small bowls in that color.  Finally have a complete set and it will look festive now and for the holidays!    

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think the jade is all that interesting, either, and I never liked the sage so I'm totally fine with it being discontinued. I'm also not a fan of the newer meadow shade; its tones seem very odd to me, especially when paired with other vivid Fiesta colors. For a green mix-in, I started with some lemongrass pieces, but over the past few years, I've come to absolutely adore the shamrock; it is lovely on its own and blends nicely with all the other colors I have. I am definitely sad about it being discontinued.

Trusted Contributor

I never thought that Fiesta would ever come out with a color that I was not interested in, but the jade color holds no appeal to me whatsoever.  

Honored Contributor

Green is my fave color and I love the shamock and the meadow colors.  I have a vintage piece in evergreen that I really like. Maybe if I see the jade in person, it will speak to me.

BTW--I love those little casserole dishes shown by @PA mom--I have  few of those  that I use all th time

Honored Contributor

@Carmie --now the greens shown like what you posted make the jade look much better. I have all  colors in my collection, a rainbow of happiness !!