Trusted Contributor

Re: the mini 2 quart pressure cooker. I don't think its for me.

@eddyandme   I usually use 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup water.  Also a hint my daughter told me is to push the Brown button 1st, let the cooker heat up (maybe 5 min) before you add everything and it will come to pressure quicker.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@eddyandme   I usually use 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup water.  Also a hint my daughter told me is to push the Brown button 1st, let the cooker heat up (maybe 5 min) before you add everything and it will come to pressure quicker.

Thanx, @grandma2pkmh , great tip!  I never would have thought of that!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live alone, and the 3qt. Instant pot is perfect for me.  I’ve made a small beef roast, spaghetti, chicken & pasta, tuna noodle casserole in it....everything tastes better than when I  cook on the stovetop or in the oven.  I’ve also done hamburger patties wrapped in foil, and hard cooked eggs.

i was nervous first time I used it.,,,then just jumped right in.  Probably use it twice a week. 

The smaller size size is also easier to store in my tiny apartment kitchen.

i look online for recipes.  This weekend I’m using it to make stuffed peppers.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the suggestions...... I'm going to send it back. i'll stick with the good old crockpot.  easy enough for me.

Honored Contributor

I think small PCs are a waste of space and money.  You can always cook a small amount in a 4 or 6 qt, but can't cook a lot in a small pot.  You can use any PC recipe on the internet; you just adjust the quanity for your small cooker.  Using a PC is not rocket science.  Once you've used it a couple of times, you'll understand how simple they are.  I think it's a lot of fun to experiment with different recipes.  Don't be intimidated by a cooking device.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think small PCs are a waste of space and money.  You can always cook a small amount in a 4 or 6 qt, but can't cook a lot in a small pot.  You can use any PC recipe on the internet; you just adjust the quanity for your small cooker.  Using a PC is not rocket science.  Once you've used it a couple of times, you'll understand how simple they are.  I think it's a lot of fun to experiment with different recipes.  Don't be intimidated by a cooking device.

There is a limit to the how small an amount one can cook in a 6 qt. pressure cooker.  One boneless chicken breast or one potato with maybe a couple of carrots barely takes up space in my 6 qt cooker and one cup of water or broth doesn't even cover the bottom.

When I'm cooking for myself the 2 qt is perfect.  If I were cooking for family or me and a teenage boy then it would be the 6 qt.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

I have had multiple sizes of Cooks Essentials  pressure cookers over the years including the 2qt. They usually quit working after a year or two but loved them when they did work. . My 2 qt stopped working after about 6 months. While the size was nice it was a bit smaller than I needed. I now have 3 and 6 qt Instant Pots. Just got the 3 qt within the last month and the additional 1 qt does make a difference. 

Respected Contributor

Have no idea what the point of a 2 quart size is.  It would hold very little.  Not worth my time.

Regular Contributor

I just got the 2 qt. CE mini pressure cooker as an "as is" for $24.50 with free shipping.  I have used it now for about a week and I find it to be just great.  I have a 3 qt. and  a 6 qt Instant Pot which I use quite a bit, but this one is great for cooking a small amount as I live alone. I have made hard boiled eggs, brown rice (1 C rinsed brown rice, 1 1/4 C water, pinch of kosher salt- used the rice setting and adjusted the time for 22 minutes, let it naturally release after turning off the pot.  It was the best rice- fluffy and perfectly done) and most recently cooked rotelle pasta and meat sauce in 5 minutes, using dry pasta.  I browned the meat with garlic, onion and diced green peppers.  Added a small jar of pasta sauce, 3 C of dry rotelle pasta and water to the top of the pasta.  Cooked on high pressure for 5 minutes and did a quick release.  Stirred and added parmesan cheese to taste.  Honestly, it was enough for at least 3 hungry people.   Needless to say, so far  I am very pleased with this purchase.  And the "as is" item appeared to be brand new.  I love my Instant Pots, but this serves a purpose because of it's small size and ease of set up and use.