Honored Contributor

Re: the height of extravagance...and laziness

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Get the smelling salts I feel faint hearing of such a spendthrift !  Woman Surprised

been there done that --sometimes it just taste better also.

Reminds me of Erma Bombeck's joke ( she was a tongue in cheek comedy writer mainly in women's magazines several decades ago for you whippersnappers ) . She said she had just put a measuring cup in her dishwasher that she had measured tapSmiley LOL water in !

My husband will leave a measuring cup in the sink to be washed that he used to measure water in!

Me - I put it in the dish drainer...

i will admit that i do that also. once used, it goes into the sink, then the dishwasher.

i also put any and all flatware into the dishwasher that sat on the kitchen table for breakfast, lunch, or dinner......even if it was not used.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Me too. I have oil. I have vinegar, and yet I buy bottled salad dressing. Next I'll be picking up potato salad at the deli!

@AuntG  I love p. and mac salad, but for only one, I always buy mine.  Go ahead, try it Smiley Happy.  I haven't really found p. salad that I like, but Kroger has good mac salad.

I do make my own vinegarette, tho, from my own recipe that I made up from trial and error.  It's really good.

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had a couple of melons in the house for a few days. I somehow haven’t gotten around to cutting them up. Today’s the day!!

And I started thinking...the cut up fruit in the store is starting to look good. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@woman63 wrote:

@Kachina624  I'm more concerned about @AuntG who has fallen into coveting deli potato salad. 😜 Who knows what temptations will follow!

Oh my! I'm so ashamed!

I just bought another package of potato saladSmiley Happy

Actually, seriously and all it is so good!

And it is from Walmart believe it or not. The "original potato salad."

I used to make my mil's recipe which everyone loved! But it took a day and overnight! Everyone said it was the best they'd ever had. All it had was new potatoes,

hellman's mayonnaise and white pepper.

You boil (and watch really carefully so not overdone),put in bowl with a towel on top overnight!, then peel, add mayonnaise and white pepper-thats all! (The Hellmans has enough salt but if you want more, you can add it.)

But I really don't like to make it anymore so I"m joining all you hopelessly lazy, extravagant ones and proud of it! 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I know someone whose potato salad recipe was potatoes, eggs, mayo, salt and pepper and people couldn't get enough of it.  It was a guy, and that was ALL that was in it!  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda...mix that cinnamon & sugar with butter, spread it on bread & make cinnamon toast! ❤️❤️❤️

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@woman63 wrote:

@Kachina624  I'm more concerned about @AuntG who has fallen into coveting deli potato salad. 😜 Who knows what temptations will follow!

@woman63.   @AuntG  I must confess that I, too, have succumbed to the temptations of deli potato salad.  Albertson' has some to which I'm hopelessly addicted.  Potato salad is such a pain to make, especially for one person, I think all should be forgiven.

@Kachina624@AuntG  I'd rather do anything than make potato salad.  It's mine that everyone wants, even for birthdays!!!

Valued Contributor

Been  there!

Cathy from ma