Honored Contributor

Re: temptations TSV.....11/5/14

I don't need a large set. I just am into the single pieces that are a little different. It would be more for a beginner collector...wish it was something else.

Valued Contributor

On 10/4/2014 denisemb said:

Am I the only one who would appreciate smaller sets?? Like, three 1-1/2 qt. or 2 qt. with lids for freezing? Guess I'll have to make do with the TT pie plates...

I saw where there are a few items on the Q Temp-tations pages that have what you might be looking for. Some "Classico" designs in 3 different colors and then there are the mixing bowls or the serving bowls but I don't think they come with lids. I didn't realized that Q had so many items of TT being sold as singles these days until I took a look!

Honored Contributor

almost $20 for shipping plus tax? no thanks!

Respected Contributor

On 10/4/2014 gkelly5744 said:

Am I the only one who would appreciate smaller sets?? Like, three 1-1/2 qt. or 2 qt. with lids for freezing? Guess I'll have to make do with the TT pie plates...

I saw where there are a few items on the Q Temp-tations pages that have what you might be looking for. Some "Classico" designs in 3 different colors and then there are the mixing bowls or the serving bowls but I don't think they come with lids. I didn't realized that Q had so many items of TT being sold as singles these days until I took a look!

Thanks, gkelly, I like the looks of the Classico design, wonder why she doesn't do more.

Unfortunately, I have a boatload of larger casseroles (9x13, 3 & 4 qt.) but now that's it's just DH & I, would like smaller sizes in order to cut 9x13 recipes in half and freeze one. Just bought of set of TT pie plates, those will have to do for round lasagna. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Denise
Respected Contributor

I bought a big set last year in Poinsettia. The only thing I would need out of this new set is the bowls but I see where I can get some bowls on Tara's website. I wanted to get some dinnerware in Poinsettia but I never see it offered. I think I am just going to get about 3 red and 3 green plates from Fiestaware and use that.

Valued Contributor

On 10/4/2014 gkelly5744 said:

Thanks, gkelly, I like the looks of the Classico design, wonder why she doesn't do more.

Unfortunately, I have a boatload of larger casseroles (9x13, 3 & 4 qt.) but now that's it's just DH & I, would like smaller sizes in order to cut 9x13 recipes in half and freeze one. Just bought of set of TT pie plates, those will have to do for round lasagna. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Tara has said many times that she really doesn't like the solids and that's why most of her designs are what they are! Even her solid color items have patterns to them like the Classio design!

Valued Contributor

On 10/4/2014 Roni18 said:

I bought a big set last year in Poinsettia. The only thing I would need out of this new set is the bowls but I see where I can get some bowls on Tara's website. I wanted to get some dinnerware in Poinsettia but I never see it offered. I think I am just going to get about 3 red and 3 green plates from Fiestaware and use that.

Good idea! I'm sure your table will look great!

Honored Contributor

On 10/5/2014 gkelly5744 said:

Good idea! I'm sure your table will look great!

GREAT idea.

In a few years, at least you will still have your Fiesta pieces...after the TT is chipped and broken.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/5/2014 terrier3 said:

GREAT idea.

In a few years, at least you will still have your Fiesta pieces...after the TT is chipped and broken.

Fiesta does make a nice square baker. I think it's 8 x 8-inches, so it is perfect to use when you're halving recipes normally baked in a 9 x 13-inch pan. It holds half the recipe perfectly. You could probably buy it in any color to match your Temp-tations stuff.

I use mine (I have two, one in Scarlet and one in Tangerine) for smaller pans of baked corn, baked beans, and such. My Scarlet one complements my Winterberry pattern beautifully at Christmas and the Tangerine works for summer and fall.

The nice thing about Fiesta is that it comes in so many different colors; somebody who uses TT can easily find a small baker or other items to use with their TT, if you wanted. It is a wee bit more expensive, but not overly so and you can frequently find Fiesta on sale somewhere.

Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 lovesrecess said:

almost $20 for shipping plus tax? no thanks!

$20 is not outrageous for a heavy 18 piece set.....qvc charges 7-8 dollars for a lightweight pieceof clothing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein