Honored Contributor

i am going to trash my current springform pan.

does anyone have one that they LOVE or are they basically all the same?

i started a "kitchen list" right after thanksgiving for some of my items that are not in good shape anymore or items that i dont have.....a large sieve, a candy thermometer, a new springform pan, a large funnel, a new cookie press, and new measuring spoons (the ones i have were plastic and the markings wore off.....not a disaster, but definitely an inconvenience.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I still use my mother's springform pan...so i can't help you with that....but i have read that Tupperware measuring spoons and cups were the most accurate...

Frequent Contributor

I bought an Analon Advanced spring form pan from Amazon a couple years ago. Works great! I just checked, and it's a couple dollars less than when I got it! Nice to see a price go down!

Honored Contributor

i have been using my moms springform pan and hate to get rid of it, BUT it is now getting a bit rusty and i dont want to bake with it anymore.

thanks for the suggestions so far ladies!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: springform pan advice

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45  -  I also recently threw out my old springform pan and just bought a new one last week. I baked a cheescake for Christmas in it and was very pleased with the way my cake turned out.  I got it at Kroger, and the brand is "Good Cook," it cost about $12.00 and is 10.25" in diameter.  I'm kind of a "snob"Woman LOL about my kitchen equipment (I like substantial pans) and honestly I'm very happy with this pan.  I'm not baking cheesecakes every day either.  I guess if I was a professional baker, I'd get a more substantial pan.  It serves its purpose, doesn't leak, and my cake was great.  Hope that helps!

Honored Contributor

I have the Fat Daddiio's springform pan. I don't know how it compares to others but I chose it because it has a edge that aids when handling.

Unknown.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Dont buy a cheap one.  They rust and leak.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I purchased a Calphalon a couple years ago and Love it!!

Never leaks. Cooks evenly. Never rusts, but I hand wash it only.

I got it at JCP but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere.

I make a LOT of cheesecakes.

I should toss my old ones since I never use them anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Measuring spoons, I bought 2 sets of All Clad ar WS. They also offer a set with less common measures like smidge, pinch, etc.

In the market for a good quality springform pan as well. My last one finally started to rust after years of great cheesecakes!

Honored Contributor

I picked up a set of three (different sizes) in a box for only $9.99! I got it years ago and use them quite often. Obviously mine are probably cheap but I have never had a lick of problem. I certainly got a great buy!

"Pure Michigan"