Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@wingnut  We're having a seafood sampling on Christmas Eve as well.  Then since we have 2 big baggies of turkey leftovers in the freezer AND because that meal was just that good, I'm thawing out a huge leg and breast, thawing out the gravy & stuffing and we're doing that meal all over again on Christmas day.  Can't wait!

Pink, that is an awesome idea!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Re: sauce is on the stove

[ Edited ]

I have to say besides missing my family for the holiday traditions and Christmas Eve/Day -- the next thing I miss the most is Christmas Eve.

My cousins do the 7 fishes.  Although for those who don't eat fish they always make linquine with crab sauce....OMG, my mouth is watering since I opened this post!!!

Sauce (gravy in our house) and a fab Christmas Eve dinner....oh no, now I'm really homesick!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Respected Contributor

I use that high fiber pasta (yellow box) from Barilla--cuts down on carbs and adds dietary fiber. It tastes AMAZING. I buy the small shells or the spaghetti and I love it. I portion control my pasta by using a kitchen scale. You'd be surprised how small a handful 2 dry ounces are--but it makes a perfect serving, generous in a bowl and yet you know you are eating the correct serving size.

With plain red sauce, it's a low fat and healthy meal.