Honored Contributor

I'm making rigatoni with meatballs and sausage for Christmas Eve. We don't often indulge in

pasta, so this will be a real treat. I'm just making a simple red sauce , but it sure smells good !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I can smell it from here!   Yum.

Nothing wrong with pasta  - unless there's an intervening medical issue.  The real trick is portion control of both the pasta and that yimmy sauce you're cooking up.   Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

That's good advice, however when it comes to pasta, I tend to not have much portion control. LOL !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1I do understand that, but I've been on WW so many times in my life that I keep right on trying - not that it always works!

When I had my Westie years ago, he was a help.  He loved pasta even in tomato sauce!

Super Contributor

We do the Feast of the Seven Fishes.  No meat for us on Christmas Eve.

Honored Contributor

@wingnut  We're having a seafood sampling on Christmas Eve as well.  Then since we have 2 big baggies of turkey leftovers in the freezer AND because that meal was just that good, I'm thawing out a huge leg and breast, thawing out the gravy & stuffing and we're doing that meal all over again on Christmas day.  Can't wait!

Super Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@wingnut  We're having a seafood sampling on Christmas Eve as well.  Then since we have 2 big baggies of turkey leftovers in the freezer AND because that meal was just that good, I'm thawing out a huge leg and breast, thawing out the gravy & stuffing and we're doing that meal all over again on Christmas day.  Can't wait!

Merry Christmas.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

NOTHING like the aroma of homemade sauce!

Is the feast of the 7 fishes ethnic?  If so, sign me up!

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

NOTHING like the aroma of homemade sauce!

Is the feast of the 7 fishes ethnic?  If so, sign me up!

It's Italian.

Respected Contributor

Re: sauce is on the stove

[ Edited ]

It's official - I want to be Italian.  (Belgian/German is not conducive to good food, LOL)

Denise