Honored Contributor

"celebrity" wines ...how many🙄

Started with Kevin O'Leary ....and seems everyone jumping on the wine bandwagon:

David - "Happy Dance"

Isaac M

Alberti (think he just announced this)

Valerie Bertinelli

and 

now Martha Stewart

I rarely watch gourmet food shows or flick channel when food comes on.

What makes it so much better cuz their name is on bottle???

I shop for wine at Publix, a wine store or Trader Joe's brand.  Sometimes I even buy BOGO...😉

Honored Contributor

Re: "celebrity" wines ...how many🙄

Is there a "celebrity" named Kirkland?  I buy my wine at Costco.

Honored Contributor

Celebrity names must sell -  just look at the huge pay-outs some companies give to various stars in sports and TV.

As for the wine -  the best thing I learned today came from Food Network on the iPad -  hacks for using up wine before it truns to vinegar.  I never thought to make ice cubes from that last glass left -  use cubes for cooking or even to chill your next glass of wine.  Another was a recipe mixing red wine and sugar to make a syrup for ice cream or pancakes.   

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Is there a "celebrity" named Kirkland?  I buy my wine at Costco.

@deepwaterdotter  Wish our Costco sold wine. We have to go to a liquor store to buy it.

Honored Contributor

Right? Celebrities-products with a product. 
I never hear about Kevin O'Leary's wine or Ramona's Pinot Grigio anymore. 

Respected Contributor

Actually, Martha Stewart had special wines for sale last year and I bought them for DH, who is a wine lover.

This year I bought him the Vintage Wines estates 12 bottles because some of the flavors sounded delicious, and it is a great variety.

Wine is a great gift for wine lovers at any time, and bravo to QVC for including these interesting selections.

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper 

I ordered in CIJ the Vintage Estate set as a Christmas gift for my niece & husband who are wine lovers.  It was of course on 12/8 advance order.

Now I'm bummed reading your hubby enjoyed them because they decided to sell their home, move into transitional housing and I had no idea what their new address would be so I had to cancel☹️.

Hopefully prior to Christmas they will offer another special pricing.

Thank you for the review!!

homedecor🍷🍷

Honored Contributor

Actually, since 2008, Martha began a partnership with Ernest & Julio Gallo Winery (the largest exporter of California wines) to produce her own wine label.  This is not new to her.

The whole industry of celebrities having their own wine brand is nothing new.  Francis Ford Coppola started his famous label in 1978, just a few years after his enormously popular Godfather movies.  Musician Dave Matthews has a Virginia winery.  Lydia Bastianich, Mario Andretti -- the list is very, very long.

Why does it matter if creative people have access to offer other things they like? I only care if it's actually a good product that I already love (wine), from someone/a brand that I like. 

Trusted Contributor

The Q does seem to be making a big deal about wine lately.  I have to chuckle when the hosts are presenting wine and they're trying to act so cool and casual.    

Frequent Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Started with Kevin O'Leary ....and seems everyone jumping on the wine bandwagon:

David - "Happy Dance"

Isaac M

Alberti (think he just announced this)

Valerie Bertinelli

and 

now Martha Stewart

I rarely watch gourmet food shows or flick channel when food comes on.

What makes it so much better cuz their name is on bottle???

I shop for wine at Publix, a wine store or Trader Joe's brand.  Sometimes I even buy BOGO...😉

Alberti???  Please tell me NO !  Not Alberti TOO.

Says a LOT for what is going on with this sales market.