Valued Contributor

Re: "celebrity" wines ...how many🙄

as long as it tastes good, I'll drink anything!

Honored Contributor

@jcash wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

Started with Kevin O'Leary ....and seems everyone jumping on the wine bandwagon:

David - "Happy Dance"

Isaac M

Alberti (think he just announced this)

Valerie Bertinelli

and 

now Martha Stewart

I rarely watch gourmet food shows or flick channel when food comes on.

What makes it so much better cuz their name is on bottle???

I shop for wine at Publix, a wine store or Trader Joe's brand.  Sometimes I even buy BOGO...😉

Alberti???  Please tell me NO !  Not Alberti TOO.

Says a LOT for what is going on with this sales market.

@homedecor1   No, Alberti does not have his own wine.

Alberti, Carolyn, Mary DeAngelis, and Rachel all have their pet photo on a new Vintage Wine Estates brand wine called Bar Dog.  Bar Dog's label will feature photos of dogs (and some cats), and those four hosts got their pets on the first batch of labels.   

Respected Contributor

Snoop Dogg has wine out. (Not at Qvc)

Esteemed Contributor

My hubby is a wine connoisseur.  He has studied and researched it for years as a hobby.

He gets a kick out of the Q getting into the wine selling.  Especially with all the celebrities

getting involved in it.  Many of these wines are lower grade grapes and mixtures (blends) of many different types.  My definition:  Immediate migraine !    I am a wine drinker for sure but I only drink certain wines and have found many from family owned vineyards all  over the world and available at our local liquor store.   Most times at reasonable prices and they are in the same regions as some of the most pricey wines but using the same soil and have the same weather, therefore producing an excellent varietal.   Cheers Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@millieshops 

While DH likes red wine, I prefer Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon blanc except when eating steak.

There are always 2 wine glasses in the freezer as well as a marble utensil holder which I use for keeping the wine cold during the meal.   The holder is also wonderful when an unexpected burn occurs !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

My favorite wine was Valerie Bertinelli's..........she had the smoothest 'cab'....no aftertaste or strong tannins......

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have any of the celebrity wines sold on QVC ever been reviewed and rated by Wine Spectator?  
Or is that something the typical QVC customer does not care about.   Instead just wanting  cheap wine no matter the quality?   🍷🥂

~Life is short. So eat well. You could die tomorrow. ~

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Started with Kevin O'Leary ....and seems everyone jumping on the wine bandwagon:

David - "Happy Dance"

Isaac M

Alberti (think he just announced this)

Valerie Bertinelli

and 

now Martha Stewart

I rarely watch gourmet food shows or flick channel when food comes on.

What makes it so much better cuz their name is on bottle???

I shop for wine at Publix, a wine store or Trader Joe's brand.  Sometimes I even buy BOGO...😉

dont knock them until you have tried them......they have actually been pretty good and a reasonable price!

i have ordered and re-ordered the OLEARY wines......even my foodie daughter who has a wine and food blog gave it her seal of approvable for a bargain priced wine.

i have the ones from isaac on order.

i have ordered and re-ordered the BERTINELLI wines and they have also been quite good.

i also order the VINTAGE WINE ESTATES from qvc. i have two sets coming for the holidays.

i have had no regrets, plus i like that QVC has a money back guarantee on these. my liquor store doesnt. Smiley Wink during this covid time we have been going through a LOT of alcohol. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Me too proudlyfromNJ. Supermarkets and stoes like Costco are not allowed to sell liquor in our state :-(. Every now and then there's some proposed legislation in our state government proposing to change the law, but the lobbyists for liquor stores always have their way :-(.

Contributor

I remember liking the Isaac Mizrahi selection.