Honored Contributor

"The Kitchen" Quarantine Episode 4/4/2020

Did anyone else watch Food Network's "The Kitchen" today?  I really enjoyed seeing their homes and families.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: "The Kitchen" Quarantine Episode 4/4/2020

@house_cat wrote:

Did anyone else watch Food Network's "The Kitchen" today?  I really enjoyed seeing their homes and families.

I just watched my recording of it, and I totally agree, it was a fun show. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched it and liked it.   It was definitely different.   It was fun seeing the different kitchens.   I wish Sunny's segment had been in her actual kitchen instead of outside.

I didn't know Katie Lee was pregnant.  Her husband is very nice looking.  I got nervous when she was carrying that pot of boiling water and her little dog was right under her feet.   I kept thinking I hope you don't trip.   

As I would have imagined GZ had the fanciest kitchen.   I'm sure his NYC apartment is just gorgeous.   I loved his bar area.  

It's fun to see the actual kitchens of these celebrities instead of just a set made to look like their kitchens.    I originally thought that the show with Valerie Bertinelli was filmed in her kitchen but then I found out that it was just a set.  

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl 

I agree about Sunny and her backyard segment. I guess they were trying to show options for people who are stuck at home.  Now I'm going to be catty and judgmental, so anyone who doesn't want to read it should close their eyes now... what the heck was she wearing?  One segment had GZ with a suit and jewelry and the next had sunny in an outfit that I wouldn't even wear on laundry day.  I know I'm going to get flak for saying it, but I don't understand people sometimes.

And while I'm at it... all the women should have had their hair tied back somehow. I never cook with loose hair. For me, there is nothing more disgusting than finding a hair in my food.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Best part was at the end and they all picked up their drinks.

Sunny just picked up her bottle.....so funny/

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Best part was at the end and they all picked up their drinks.

Sunny just picked up her bottle.....so funny/

I do enjoy Sunny. I like her enthusiasm and her recipes always look good.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

GZ's kitchen was impressive, but I expected nothing less.  I thought the mirrors on Katie's backsplash area were a different choice.  Wouldn't it be awfully hard to keep them clean?    

Honored Contributor

I caught the last 25 minutes, and LMAO at GZ’s “pantry”.    

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

GZ's kitchen was impressive, but I expected nothing less.  I thought the mirrors on Katie's backsplash area were a different choice.  Wouldn't it be awfully hard to keep them clean?    

I wonder that, too, but I thought it made the kitchen look more cluttered than necessary.  Still, it was a pretty kitchen and I'd be happy in it.

They didn't say this outright, but I'd bet anything that those were their second homes, perhaps with the exception of Jeff Mauro.  I think they all live in the city when they're working and go to their "secondary homes" when they're not.  GZ said something like, "I checked the pantry when we got here", which made me think it's not his primary residence.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I had the same thought about hair not being pulled back when cooking.

I was fine with how everyone was dressed EXCEPT GZ. He looked absurd!

Is that how he dresses when cooking for his quarantined family?! Maybe it is!

I once bought a house with a kitchen that had to go. It had a mirrored backsplash. Maybe to fool someone into thinking the kitchen was bigger? Too weird watching yourself preparing and eating a meal.