Honored Contributor

"The Kitchen" Award Winning Comfort Foods 2/23/19

I'm very happy to see that Food Network's "The Kitchen" is now a two hour show.  It's the only Food Network show I bother to watch the last couple of years.  

Did they make an announcement about the expanded format or is it just temporary?

This week's episode about award winning comfort foods was full of great recipes.

Here's the link to this week's recipes.

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 8.46.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 8.46.47 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: "The Kitchen" Award Winning Comfort Foods 2/23/19

I don’t know if it’s temporary or not, but I like it. I was kind of late to finding this program, but I too enjoy it. I record it every weekend and I find many older episodes during the week. Every one is so pleasant and the recipes look really good. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat - The show will span two hours for the next few weeks as it continues to explore favorite recipes. I'm a bit sad about that because the longer show means there is no new episode of "Trisha's Southern Kitchen," which is one of my favorites. I think "The Kitchen" is okay, but the hosts tend to get kind of frantic and over the top in their presentations. (I always love Sunny, though!)

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

Thanks for the information.  I must've missed whenever they announced that.

I think the hosts work really well together - a nice variety of perspectives - especially since Marcella left the show, I think it was too crowded with just that one extra person.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

The only time I seem to see that is when I'm at the dentist - it always seems to be on then, and I'm generally preoccupied.

I'll have to give it a look.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I absolutely LOVE this show.  Just wish Sonny would tone it down a bit.  Regardless, there's always something for everyone and something I'd like to try.  2 hours for this show is GREAT.  Hope it continues.  I just wish Food Network would go back to what made them great -- chefs instructing cooks.  All of these so-called contests, especially Worst Cooks, are such a waste of time, IMO. I don't find that show very entertaining.    

Respected Contributor

I miss The Chew but do watch The Kitchen, they both had too many hosts, after Mario & Daphne left the Chew it  was good.