Honored Contributor

Re: "All American" What Do You Like On A Hamburger?

@Mz iMac wrote:

I like my hamburger grilled which BK does quite well....

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at Tue, Jun 28, 2016-10.03.33 PM.png

@Mz iMacI like those too in a rush!

Honored Contributor

I like all sorts of things!

Usually, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, kosher dill pickles, mustard...sometimes bacon, guacamole, etc.

Oh, and hold the bun & fries, please! I like mine on a plate with veggies!

Respected Contributor

Dill pickles and finely chopped sweet onions and a slice of crisp bacon broke in two pieces and of course a bun.

I used to LOVE cheese spread on my hamburger, but I can no longer have dairy.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll make them in different ways for my husband and me, depending on how we'd like them at the time. Smiley Happy

Sometimes I'll just make them with some American cheese on them, and then we put on our own choice of condiments, like ketchup and mustard, and then either some sweet pickles or some sweet pickle relish.

Other times I'll make them and then put some sliced mild yellow Cheddar cheese on them, with some honey barbecue sauce on them. Then, we choose whatever other condiments we want on them.

Sometimes we'll have bacon on them, too. 

Sometimes I'll also use up whatever other sliced cheese I have on hand at home-it could be Muenster, Mozarella, Provolone-you name it, I'll use it for burgers. Smiley Happy

When eating out, I like them grilled or broiled mostly, and sometimes I like them when they have some type of an alcohol-flavored barbecue sauce on them, with crispy onion rings on top. The messier, the better!

I also like them with red onions on them, too, and will order them with everything usually served on them. 

Esteemed Contributor

My Dad makes the best burgers.  He seasons them with soy sauce and cooks them on the grill.  Nothing else is needed.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

My Dad makes the best burgers.  He seasons them with soy sauce and cooks them on the grill.  Nothing else is needed.

@HonnyBrown

So did my dad.  He mixed the hamburger w/veal, tiny slices of raw onions, soy sauce, salt & pepper.  Always cooked on the grill "all year round."  We live in the NE. 

In the dead of winter, the neighbors would always say among themselves, "the xxxx family are having hamburgers again for dinner." Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

What I like and what I can have are 2 different things. Want - large slices of Italian bread, burger, mayo .cheese , coleslaw and fries all on my sandwich.It's a Pittsburgh thing. What I can have - burger on a plate with klettuce & tomato and a pickle on the side.

Honored Contributor

I like Cheese, mayo, mushrooms and tomatoes and a tiny piece of lettuce.I also like mustard  but that would instead of Mayo!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes, big Koser pickle and a cold draft beer.  My cheeseburger in paradise.

Seriously, big toasted sesame seed bun, romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, dill pickles, spicy brown mustard and just a squirt of catsup, Heinz of couse.  Yum!

I don't like french fries so much.  I like mine with baked beans, chips or potato salad of the mayo, mustard variety.

@KentuckyWomanThere's only one ketchup.  Heinz 57!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Actually there is Heinz 57 sauce - and there is Heinz ketchup. The 57 sauce is a type of steak sauce. There is also Heinz cocktail sauce for seafood and Heinz chili sauce - I prefer the chili sauce over ketchup because it is a little more spicy.

Honored Contributor

@HonnyBrown wrote:

My dad made amazing burgers on the grill, too. He got a bit fancy though. I wish I could remember just how he did it. He mixed some ingredients in the meat (garlic, onion, etc), then made two thin burgers and put cheese (maybe other ingredients) in between and sealed the patties around it before grilling. Wonderful!