Trusted Contributor

American or blue cheese, tomato, red onion, Heinz ketchup on a toasted bun.

Honored Contributor

Re: "All American" What Do You Like On A Hamburger?

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@ECBG add a dill pickle slice  make the onion red & your description is how I have mine . The no bun recipe can be pretty good also . I have trouble wrapping mine in lettuce as they do at some restaurants usually called a low carb burger .

I have memories of a little hometown cafe  my family went to in my  adolescent  years similar to what you described. I often wonder were they really that good or was it just because I could freely eat without thoughts of calories & carbs? Of course taste buds were in better working order then too. It is still my gold standard for burgers though. 

I think a lot was better then actually.  There were no additives and many more things were homemade, even at drugstore lunch counters.

Honored Contributor

Plain....on a plate with either Worcestershire or A-1.    I put the sauce on after Kitty the Fuzz gets her half.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

had a cheeseburger last night and it was so juicy and delicious......medium rare please.

fresh bun

good quality ground beef

american cheese

lettuce

tomato

raw red onion

grilled regular onions

3 dill pickle rounds

crispy bacon

mayo

salt/pepper

it was served with boardwalk fries and cole slaw......and i had a hendricks and tonic with extra limes to enhance my experience. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Toasted bun and Vidalia onion, tad of ketchup.

Well done !

Honored Contributor

bacon, cheese, mustard, pickles and onions.  Love tomato and lettuce but not on a burger.  That is "salad" food and when I do a burger I want a burger.  Preferably  a Whataburger.  My sweet Mom first thing she always did when she landed in Texas during her 20 years of living in CA. was hit the first Whataburger she saw.  Drove my Grandmother nuts because she was 2nd on the list of stops not the 1st. 

Man is July 4th yet?  I am ready for my burger.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

bacon

mayo

A-1 sauce

Swiss cheese

mushrooms (sauteed)

avocado

pickles

Trusted Contributor

I like my burgers rare.....Make it moo

Sliced tomato, a good cheddar that melts into the burger, a few pickles, mustard and ketchup. And life is good.

Honored Contributor

If you happen to have a GFS by you, they recently started to carry Prime Rib Burgers and they are delicious!  They are in the fresh meat section so I wrap mine up and seal them up in Food Saver bags.  GFS also carries brioche hamburger buns which are delicious too.  I like my burgers medium rare with a thin slice of onion and a squirt of Trader Joe ketchup oh and toast the bun please!

Esteemed Contributor

Love hamburgers!  different day, different topping...

Mushrooms & swiss cheese, no bun or,

lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, ketsup, yellow mustard, mayo, or

bacon, cheese, onion, or

McD quarter pounder w/cheese