Regular Contributor

power xl waffle maker family size recall

Received notification my POWER  XL WAFFLE MAKER FAMILY SIZE has been recalled. Its the one you can stuff with different fillings etc. Never had any problem at all. Over 4000 have been sold only 44 people were burned  and three went to DR. It seems batter spews out. I am very careful and do not want to have to mess with the change of the handle...Makes me think directions were not followed. anyone else have problems.

Honored Contributor

Re: power xl waffle maker family size recall

[ Edited ]

@pattiewaddle wrote:

Received notification my POWER  XL WAFFLE MAKER FAMILY SIZE has been recalled. Its the one you can stuff with different fillings etc. Never had any problem at all. Over 4000 have been sold only 44 people were burned  and three went to DR. It seems batter spews out. I am very careful and do not want to have to mess with the change of the handle...Makes me think directions were not followed. anyone else have problems.

@pattiewaddle I posted in Wellness about this last week. You can see the link to the full recall page at the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The company's website mentions over filling, but that is not all they mention. They are only sending you a latch. They will help you with any questions you have. 

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2023/Empower-Brands-Recalls-PowerXL-Stuffed-Wafflizer-Waffle-Makers-Due...