Honored Contributor

I have had two different Power XL Air Fryers.  I used them every day.  They worked beautifully, until they didn't.  Without much warning, after about a year each time, they just stopped working.  The last 2 or 3 days, they would make strange noises, or simply stopped and started sporadically.  Then ...nothing.

So yes, I loved the Power XL while it worked.  But after going through two different ones, I will never buy another one of this brand.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

anyone who is looking foe an air fryer this [ower air fryer xxl is very good. we have had it a year and we love it.

I am mulling over this air fryer...I have one that is from Emeril and it is 2 years old. I am ready for a larger one, but the reviews for this brand are good until it just quits working. I am afraid to pull the trigger and buy it even though I really like it

Respected Contributor

My question is:

TRUTHFULLY...how are they to CLEAN?!?!?!?!?

It looks to me like anything you cook that has fat in it  (chickens on rotisserie, steak, meats) the breeze from the fan would disperse all that glop all over the interior of the unit.

I had one of those "set it and forget it" rotisseries from years ago...made great whole chickens but what a nightmare to clean and that thing didn't have a blower. Didn't last long at my house.

Mary came out and asked David and Eric about cleaning, but they seemed to just address the racks, then went on to excitedly jabber over each other about other things, never really getting to cleaning the interior of the oven...( a sales tactic? If so, a great one!!!!).

I think this thing looks like....a  gimmick.

Respected Contributor

Check.Online.Reviews (NOT on QVC).

Nuf said.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

My question is:

TRUTHFULLY...how are they to CLEAN?!?!?!?!?

It looks to me like anything you cook that has fat in it  (chickens on rotisserie, steak, meats) the breeze from the fan would disperse all that glop all over the interior of the unit.

I had one of those "set it and forget it" rotisseries from years ago...made great whole chickens but what a nightmare to clean and that thing didn't have a blower. Didn't last long at my house.

Mary came out and asked David and Eric about cleaning, but they seemed to just address the racks, then went on to excitedly jabber over each other about other things, never really getting to cleaning the interior of the oven...( a sales tactic? If so, a great one!!!!).

I think this thing looks like....a  gimmick.

A gimmick, same as you just said about the Traeger in another thread. Not everything is a gimmick. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Treager's and air fryers are very popular and used by many people. Just because you don't have them or they don't fit your lifestyle doesn't mean they're a gimmick. 

Respected Contributor

Re: power air fryer xxl

[ Edited ]

Nope.....I learned how to read online reviews FIRST before ordering these gimmicky things....I used to order on QVC's hosts words....no more.....Check it yourself for this item...it's NOT me making it up.....

But we're all welcome to our points of view!!!!!

(PLus...my radar goes up any  time there is "free shipping" on items that would cost a fortune to return.....they are banking on no one returning them for the "guaranteed refund" of the purchase price minus the return shipping...).

The words "lifetime guarantee" is another one....WHO"S life?!?!??

And yes, Traeger IS a gimmick. Just because something is highly marketted does NOT make it the value they claim it is....

Keurig...gimmick. Buy the coffee maker cheap and then go bankrupt on K-cups.

Maran $60.00 "sugar glop" for smooth skin....gimmick....just put table sugar in your own lotion and slather it away....cost...about 20 cents.

In fact, simple is better in MOST cases. Less things to break, fail, burn up etc.

And sadly, I too still fall for gimmicks.

Where are the perennial former gimmicks from years past? The upright electric smoker and the oil turkey fryer hawked by the guy with the aw- shucks down home accent?!?!??! Gimmicks that coudln't stand up to reality.

Most stuff today is NOT made to last.

Now....did you check out the reviews for this Power Fryer gimmick like I suggested?!?!??

Respected Contributor

hi esme. you do not need to preheat it. we put food right in it without preheating directions say no need to preheat. and when you make toast and stuff like that you do need to do it on both sides. measurments are and im reading this off the infomation it came with. oven 12 inches deep. 13  inches wide and 13 and a half inches high.   thats the outside now i will give you the inside measurements.  7 inches high. 10 1/4 inches wide and 9 inches deep.  all peices are dishwasher safe. the only cheesey think i thought about it and we bought it anyway is the warranty is only 2 months. but we do love it.we bought a paula deen air fryer first that came with a 1 year warranty but we like this air fryer much better. we fit an 8 inch cake pan in it to cook or heat foods in. it allso came with a hard cover cookbook by that guy that demos it. his last name is thessand or something like that. good luck.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Pooky1.  Good info. The warranty on this one is one year.  I ordered it (slate) and am looking forward to getting it. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

esme thats great that they made warranty to a year. good luck with it. if you have any questions feel free to ask questions. just that we havnt used really any of the things they included with it. just the 3 racks that come with it. those we use all the time.and if i have something messy i use th 8 inch cake pan or if its not to messy i just put some aluminum foil and racks and all the peices they give you are dishwasher safe.

Occasional Contributor
Sam's Club is selling an 8qt Power Air Fryer Oven for $89.99.