Occasional Contributor

Re: please-WHERE IS LAURA WEATHERS?

I thought it was very low class of QVC to give her that Lifetime Achievement Award, but then, after showing her the trophy, they took it away. They said they'd engrave her name on it and keep it there. WHAT???? GIve the poor woman her own trophy to take home.

How cheesy. And cheap of them.  

Trusted Contributor

So, why are you not enjoying the new KitchenAid representative?

Be specific with your complaint.

Respected Contributor

I understand Laura's right to privacy and the possibility that QVC must honor that privacy.  I must admit, however, I am also wondering about Laura.  NO disrespect or ill-will intended.  She was a consistent, lovely representative for an honored label on QVC.  She provided a wealth of useful information, even if you weren't in the market for a particular product at that time.  I know she made me want some of their products.  And in response to people indicating it is not natural to want to know, we have for years watched hosts/representatives hugging and kissing in greeting and good-bys, and providing some information  seems like the HONEST finale to her exit.  Laura, best of wishes (in case you are reading this).

Super Contributor

I really miss Laura Weathers and wish her well.

As far as the new rep, she seems like such a nice person and congratulations to her for being the top prize winner of the Pillsbury Bake-Off. However, her voice needs a bit of work. She has a very high pitched rather shrill voice that, at least for me, is very difficult to listen to, especially since I like to see products being demonstrated live and hear the rep explain the ins and outs of a product. The mute button or just reading the online description just does not provide enough information for me.

I miss Laura's pleasant voice, soothing demeanor and how much knowledge and enthusiasm she had for the various products.

Frequent Contributor

Just like the woman who represented the Nesco roasters (I bought 3 of them in different sizes)...what happened to her? She was there all the time, then one day just gone...no explanation.

Visitor

I have loved my tenure at QVC. I loved the unexpected constant change that goes with live TV, the pioneering-type trail blazing of an emerging industry, the challenge of connecting, informing and selling. I feel happy and blessed with the success of KitchenAid at QVC. I have done what I set out to do.

There is an old saying: Sometimes in the winds of change we find our direction. In the past couple years, some of the bigger life changes have blown my way. I need to adjust my sails, and the time just seems right to chart the next direction of my life. As I depart QVC, please know I have received such support, respect and accolades from QVC, the Hosts, Fellow Vendors, Q Kitchen Personnel and the many Support Departments, that I am truly overwhelmed and humbled with gratitude and heartfelt affection for my QVC family. I thank them for the wonderful send off.

To the loyal QVC viewers, I leave you in the good and capable hands of Tina Verrelli. As I have mentored her over this past year, I have come to recognize and respect in her the passion, infectious enthusiasm, and dedication to continue the KitchenAid Brand here at the Q. She is a true “Foodie” with many talents to share. I know you will be as generous and welcoming to her as the Principle On- Air Expert for KitchenAid as you have always been to me.

My hubby and I enjoy traveling and exploring new places. One of my favorite things is meeting my QVC customer friends in the craziest places. I have met you in a forest ranger's hut in Alaska, on tiny islands in the Caribbean, the subway in Tokyo, the Hall of Mirrors of Versailles and the common places we all frequent in everyday life. If our paths happen to cross in the future, and you are inclined to say “Hi”, please do. It is always a pleasure to meet a friend.

Sincerely,

Laura Weathers

Honored Contributor

Some people just don't want big sendoffs when they retire.

I don't see anything strange about that.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch the cooking shows, but I did look at Laura Weathers' good-bye letter.  That woman should start a blog and post it on here in whatever cooking threads she can.  If she wrote that, she has something to say and if she wants to blog during her retirement should do so and post news of her blogs here.  It was an uncommonly memorable farewell. 

New Contributor

Laura Weathers retired from Kitchenade in June of this year, (2016)

New Contributor

Laura Weathers retired from Kitchenaid June of this year, (2016)