Honored Contributor

Re: please-WHERE IS LAURA WEATHERS?

Laura left very suddenly and I would bet involuntarily,  which is why they're not saying anything or had any hoopla.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it was health issues and she wanted to keep it private...

Honored Contributor

Maybe she just retired.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The way the Q has all the vendors set up their social media pages, just like they do their hosts, Laura Weathers was the only one NOT on Facebook or Instagram. Often in her presentations she was asked where the audience could find her recipe and she said they were up on Pinterest. 

With recipe sharing, live videos (which QVC is doing a lot now), and the opportunity to upsell via those sites, the lack of a FB page may have become an unresolved issue.  

The new Kitchenaid lady had her new FB page up immediately and posts every day.  That's potentially more money coming in to the Q.

Respected Contributor

Personally I feel her recent presentations left something to be desired.  She seemed flustered and confused at times.  Maybe it was time for her to retire.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The way the Q has all the vendors set up their social media pages, just like they do their hosts, Laura Weathers was the only one NOT on Facebook or Instagram.

You may be right, but it would be sad if Q let her go because she chose not to participate in social media.

Honored Contributor

Moderator Eva has stated that Laura Weathers has retired and the new lady will be taking over.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Laura is gone, and it is none of our business.  All this worrying about what happened is nothing more than idle gossip.

No one is going to tell us what happened.  She may have retired.  She may have had issues.  QVC may have wanted to go in another direction.  KitchenAid may have wanted to go in another direction.  Regard;ess. it is none of our business.

Many people seem to think that the people on QVC are friends and family.  They are not.  They are simply sales people.  Just as most of us would not lose sleep over staffing changes at Wal-Mart, we should not get upset when QVC changes vendors or hosts.

While I do wish Laura well, and I hope for the best.  The lack of her presence has no effect on my life.

Honored Contributor

QVC can't have it both ways. They promote the warm fuzzy " we are all friends , and the QVC family", so no one should be surprised when people question someone leaving. Also with the emphasis on over sharing on social media, it's disingenuous to then say it's none of our business.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Laura is gone, and it is none of our business.  All this worrying about what happened is nothing more than idle gossip.

No one is going to tell us what happened.  She may have retired.  She may have had issues.  QVC may have wanted to go in another direction.  KitchenAid may have wanted to go in another direction.  Regard;ess. it is none of our business.

Many people seem to think that the people on QVC are friends and family.  They are not.  They are simply sales people.  Just as most of us would not lose sleep over staffing changes at Wal-Mart, we should not get upset when QVC changes vendors or hosts.

While I do wish Laura well, and I hope for the best.  The lack of her presence has no effect on my life.

I don't take it a seriously as you @KYToby. I think to wonder where a host or vendor went, unexpectantly, is just human nature.  No, I do not at all want to know her or anyone else's details of why or why not, but a simple mention of "After many great years, Laura Weathers has retired and we wish her well," would not have come amiss just one time.  I don't think it's tantamount to idle gossip over the back fence to have that consideration.

QVC spends so much time trying to get customers to connect with their hosts and vendors (don't get me started on all the kissing & hugging that they do to make us think they are all great friends & family).  I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't care why she left. But that didn't  stop me from thinking about another person now gone, and a small wonder of why.  Moving on.