Honored Contributor

We don't eat at other peoples homes, so this is not a concern.

Respected Contributor

Just nothing with mayo.  Unless it's straight out of the fridge.  If mayo products have been sitting on the table I won't eat it.  It gets warm to fast.  besides. I detest when the mayo turns that semi translucent sorta yellow color.  reminds me of snort.  Plenty to eat without mayo anyway. 

Honored Contributor

I'm a bit weird about eating outside, so a picnic would probably not be my thing.   But for me, like others here, it would be anything with mayo or eggs (GAG!) in it.   The stuff like potato salad or cole slaw just grosses me out big time.

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

Just nothing with mayo.  Unless it's straight out of the fridge.  If mayo products have been sitting on the table I won't eat it.  It gets warm to fast.  besides. I detest when the mayo turns that semi translucent sorta yellow color.  reminds me of snort.  Plenty to eat without mayo anyway. 

Oh, yeah, ick!   Back when I lived in Europe, and as much as mayo already grossed me out, the mayo I would see there (unless you opted out they would serve it with frites) was kind of a yellowish color.  Smiley Surprised  Just thinking about it  makes me queasy.

Honored Contributor

Re: picnic season

[ Edited ]

Food tastes better at a picnic, so I eat most all of it, except mayo-based salads. I never eat potato salad; I bring a vinaigrette macaroni salad with cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers and asparagus.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with @Queen of shop and @Kachina624! Except for food allergies, there are sure a lot of picky eaters! I think we all know that we wouldn't want to eat a mayo-based food that's been sitting out in the sun for hours! LOL!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I'm with @Queen of shop and @Kachina624! Except for food allergies, there are sure a lot of picky eaters! I think we all know that we wouldn't want to eat a mayo-based food that's been sitting out in the sun for hours! LOL!

@jannabelle1   But people still bring them to picnics and BBQs, and eat them like, "hey, what's the problem?"  I've seen it many times. So I wish it was all, but unfortunately not. 

Honored Contributor

I will pass on the baked beans and pasta salad.

Honored Contributor

I would pass on it all.  I would rather eat in the house with no bugs.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1  I love it all !!!!!!!