Trusted Contributor

My husband bought a Patty Labelle bread pudding at walmart. Rather tasty, nice and fresh.  Just passing it on if yoy looking for snacks for the holidays. 

Honored Contributor

Were Patti's pies popular again this year?

Trusted Contributor

I wondered about the pies also. I think they probably were popular since so many people have to work holidays and do not have toime to do all of the cooking.

Respected Contributor

Re: patti Labelle walmart

[ Edited ]

I bought her pie last year and was very disappointed. I tasted nothing but sugar. I’ll just stick to baking  my own sweet potato pies. 

Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I bought her pie last year and was very disappointed. I tasted nothing but sugar. I’ll just stick to baking  my own sweet potato pies. 

That's my impression also.  Sugar overload.  I ate one slice and tossed the rest of the pie.

Honored Contributor

I bought her blackberry cobbler, and it was really good. It had a top and bottom crust, and the filling was tasty

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I have not tried anything from her line except the bread pudding just now and I like it a lot.  Oh well, we all have different tastes, But I love me some sweet potato anything !

Honored Contributor

I love bread pudding.  I'll put that on my list and get it the next time I go to Walmart.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Best pie you can get and I'm talking pecan pie is hands down at Sam's Club. Huge pie for 11.98 and serves plenty. We had one gave to us and cut in half, froze half of it and that was the best pie fresh and frozen to boot.

I'm going to buy a small apple for 5.98 and buy a pecan and cut in half and freeze the other half. When you buy one siice of pecan pie when your eating out can easily cost 5 bucks and up. Sam's are real fresh, not stale and the filling is the way pecan pie should taste.

I can't say enough about that pie. Best I've ever had.

ChocolateBoxHeart3.gif

Regular Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Best pie you can get and I'm talking pecan pie is hands down at Sam's Club. Huge pie for 11.98 and serves plenty. We had one gave to us and cut in half, froze half of it and that was the best pie fresh and frozen to boot.

I'm going to buy a small apple for 5.98 and buy a pecan and cut in half and freeze the other half. When you buy one siice of pecan pie when your eating out can easily cost 5 bucks and up. Sam's are real fresh, not stale and the filling is the way pecan pie should taste.

I can't say enough about that pie. Best I've ever had.

ChocolateBoxHeart3.gif

I agree about the Pecan Pies, their Pumpkin Pies are also really good and fresh.