Honored Contributor

I have a Cusinart grill--you flip the plates to a smooth side and then for grilling on the other side---and you can adjust the plates to the desired widths too--is a great little machine and works well---got that baby out and made the best pannini sammies for dinner last week, got good sturdy bread and deli pastrami and turkey, with muenster cheese and a little horse radish in it---got beautiful crust on it--had pickled green beans and sweet/spicy pickles along with coleslaw----- was very good!! Got more to make another dinner this week---

Respected Contributor

Re: pannini grill

[ Edited ]

I had one without adjustable plates and used it on occasion to make hamburgers. For the amount of times I used it, finally gave to a friend who would get much more use out of it. Must say, should have tried making the pannini before giving it up. That sounds right up my alley.

Esteemed Contributor

There must be something going around - we seem to be craving the same thingsWoman LOL!

Last week I was into grilled ham and cheese sandwiches on Martin's potato bread.  Had that a few times - couldn't get enough - along with french fries from the Yedi which I got from QVC.  

I like my grilled cheese sandwiches squished so that some of the cheese comes out and gets fried on the griddle plates.  I like tartar sauce on my fries instead of ketchup.  Yum. yum gotta have some!!!!  Now I'm craving this again!!!!  (Calories, calories.....Cat Frustrated).....

Do you butter your bread or use mayo instead when grilling your sandwiches, @wagirl ?

Respected Contributor

I have that appliance also. Agreed - it makes a great panini.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a grill but I made a panini on my hardly ever used quesadilla maker. It made me feel better about kind of wasting money on that machine. 🙂

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I use a Lodge cast-iron grill pan to make panini.  I bought it at a yard sale for $2 a few years ago.  It makes a good sandwich and stovetop-cooked steak.

Respected Contributor

Re: pannini grill

[ Edited ]

I have that appliance also.  Bought the waffle plates for it.  Best waffles! But it's in storage now and we don't make waffles any longer. LOL

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme ---so funny!  I put butter with a touch of olive oil on the outside and just a touch or mayo and dijon mustard and horse radish on the inside. I had the plates just touching the bread so was not squished but the cheese was all nice and melty. grilled about 4 minutes and was perfect.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 ---I use that machine for cooking pancakes and french toast, as well as eggs and then have used it for steaks and other meats that are grilled. Even veggis work well especially eggplant  so I don't consider it a waste of money. OH my lord---can I tell you about the amazing grilled tuna melts!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@QVCkitty1 ---I use that machine for cooking pancakes and french toast, as well as eggs and then have used it for steaks and other meats that are grilled. Even veggis work well especially eggplant  so I don't consider it a waste of money. OH my lord---can I tell you about the amazing grilled tuna melts!!!! 

@wagirl , Thanks for the info, you've given me ideas.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan