Respected Contributor

Re: odd or weird combos you like

Here is one I learned to do in Costa Rica years ago....sprinkle a little black pepper on your vanilla ice cream and see how it enhances the flavor.....yum!

Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@loriqvc

ITA,

While I don’t eat Spam because I don’t eat meat, it is always a good idea to actually read the ingredients before deciding that a product contains gross, unhealthy ingredients.

🙃

Spam’s classic luncheon meat provides 174 calories per 2 oz. portion. Each serving provides 15 grams of fat. Spam is made of two different cuts of pork, which makes it a very high-fat food. Each 2 oz. serving contains 6 grams of saturated fat, which is 28 percent of the daily value. Diets high in saturated fat are unhealthy and may increase risk of heart disease.

Respected Contributor

Mc Donald fries dipped in their tartar sauce, and their hot mustard , seperately .

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc  I don't really eat any weird combos, or if they are I don't realize it.*  As to Spam I eat it once in a while and I have a friend who was born and raised in Hawaii where it is a preferred food.

He shared some recipes with me and used to forward jokes about Spam to a group of work colleagues.  We had a lot of fun with it.

*I did crave raw onions while I was pregnant.  Ate it on lots of food, like hamburgers or frankfurters.  Found out it is a souce of calcium and since I am essentially lactose intolerant it made sense that I craved it!

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter--I can see cauliflower added too--a---not sure what it being too white has to do with it--a sprinkle of parsely would be nice. It is really tasty.

Esteemed Contributor

I like steamed cauliflower with coconut aminos and nutritional yeast for a snack between lunch and dinner.  Today when I was preparing it, the yellow mustard in the fridge caught my eye, so I decided to add it to the combo, and really like it. 

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear

I used to take peanut butter, bologna and mayo sandwiches for school lunch.  I loved them!

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey

I don't think that combo is odd at all.  Sounds delicious!

Honored Contributor

I can't think of anything really odd that I eat.   My neighbor was commenting recently that she thought it was strange that I ate apple pie/crisp with sharp cheddar cheese instead of ice cream but that was how my grandfather ate it.

Honored Contributor

a sandwich with white bread, mayonnaise and potato chips.

If no potato chips, just white bread and mayonnaise.

If no white bread then just any bread and mayonnaise.

Failing having most of these, a spoonful of mayonnaise will do!Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"